News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.9K     10 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Most Support Temporary Ban on Newcomers from Terrorist Havens

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here. Thirty-three percent (33%) are opposed, while 10% are undecided.
Similarly, 56% favor a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen from entering the United States until the government approves its ability to screen for likely terrorists. Thirty-two percent (32%) oppose this temporary ban, and 11% are undecided.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...porary_ban_on_newcomers_from_terrorist_havens

Democracy in action. Trump will have a huge leg up next election if Dems don't revise their immigration policy. America First is a winner.

The FACT remains that Donald Trump is the first President in the history of the United States of America to support gay marriage from day one. He has stated multiple times, including since becoming President, that he's onside with gay marriage and that it's settled law. Let me remind you that Obama did not support gay marriage until his second run.

Everything else you posted is just spin from somebody who can't accept that not everything Trump does is evil, and he's not Hitler.

Americans already decided who their president is. I know you guys can't accept it...but it's reality. I for one look forward to 8 more years of Democratic whining while their party continues to spin into oblivion. Is Donna Brazile still the head of the DNC? LOL!

On the pages of ultra-left wing UT you can enjoy your echo chamber...but in the real world, Trump is king.

On same-sex marriage, he's also stated the opposite on repeated occasions. That's fact. The LGBT community pays attention and remembers. Even on those occasions when he has said the issue is settled, he has restated his own personal opposition. That is not "support from day one". Regardless of his conflicting statements, his actions on SCOTUS nominees and FADA are what will be of importance and will clearly demonstrate his position on LGBT rights. And his statements on those issues thus far strongly suggest that his administration will seek to harm the LGBT community.

Spin? I provided actually facts on FADA, SCOTUS nominees, the scope of the Obama executive order, etc. You're the one talking about him being a "man of the people", 8 more years and other campaign slogans. The only one who is posting spin here is clearly you, including the odd reference to him being "king" (Trump is president, not a monarch. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?)

I didn't say that Trump is evil or call him Hitler. Who here called Trump Hitler? Nobody, as far as I know. I called Trump a fucktwit on this thread, or one of the other threads, but never Hitler. I don't trivialize Nazism or, unless genocide is involved, make comparisons to Nazis lightly. You should do the same.

Who said I don't accept that Trump is the president? Why are you making things up? Of course I accept it. He lost the popular vote by a significant margin, but won the electoral college.

Only had to go back one page.

Go back one page for what? You do understand that fascism is a political ideology contrary to liberal democracy, and that fascism is not necesarily the same thing as being a megalomaniac genocidal dictator like Hitler, right? The only one throwing Hitler around is you, and I really do recommend you stop. Leave those comparisons for discussions about mass murder.

Why do you feel the need to make things up and exaggerate? You go on with fanboy nonsense like Trump is king, and 8 more years, etc., and you make unsupported claims about the LGBT community and don't seem to have a handle on the relevant facts involving the LGBT community (you just repeat your inaccurate claims about support from day one). I love how you keep telling members of the LGBT community that they are wrong on easily verifiable facts concerning the LGBT community. You're not being the advocate for Trump and his policies that you think you are being....

Last edited:
I'll withdraw from political discourse here. I think you lot would rather circle jerk each other in a bias-confirming echo chamber than hear dissenting thoughts.

Enjoy the next 8 years of MAGA. :)

Trump happened because of you.

It happened because you banned super-size sodas. And smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage ‘homophobic’, and people unsure about immigration ‘racist’.

Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten quinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting people’s attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned ‘white man’ from a description into an insult. Because you used slurs like ‘denier’ and ‘dangerous’ against anyone who doesn’t share your eco-pieties.

Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people’s language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the piss out of their beliefs.

Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the Bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, ‘You can’t think that, you can’t say that, you can’t do that.’

Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don’t like being treated like trash. Trump happened because of you.

I'll withdraw from political discourse here. I think you lot would rather circle jerk each other in a bias-confirming echo chamber than hear dissenting thoughts.
I very much like dissenting opinion, and the SJW echo chamber here on UT can be frustrating.

However you do yourself no favours by portraying the words of others as your own. This is called plagiarism, no matter where you sit on the political fence.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/trump-how-did-this-happen/

It happened because you banned super-size sodas. And smoking in parks. And offensive ideas on campus. Because you branded people who oppose gay marriage ‘homophobic’, and people unsure about immigration ‘racist’.

Because you treated owning a gun and never having eaten quinoa as signifiers of fascism. Because you thought correcting people’s attitudes was more important than finding them jobs. Because you turned ‘white man’ from a description into an insult. Because you used slurs like ‘denier’ and ‘dangerous’ against anyone who doesn’t share your eco-pieties.

Because you treated dissent as hate speech and criticism of Obama as extremism. Because you talked more about gender-neutral toilets than about home repossessions. Because you beatified Caitlyn Jenner. Because you policed people’s language, rubbished their parenting skills, took the piss out of their beliefs.

Because you cried when someone mocked the Koran but laughed when they mocked the Bible. Because you said criticising Islam is Islamophobia. Because you kept telling people, ‘You can’t think that, you can’t say that, you can’t do that.’

Because you turned politics from something done by and for people to something done to them, for their own good. Because you treated people like trash. And people don’t like being treated like trash. Trump happened because of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: vic
"From the US holocaust museum"

Uh huh. So what? The only one jumping up and down about Hitler here is you.

Enjoy the next 8 years of MAGA. :)

Not only do you plagiarize, but this all nonsense. Let's just say when you complain about echo chambers and circle jerks, it says a lot more about you than anyone else here.

Note - @APTA-2048's rather simple question remained unanswered. That's about all you need to know.

AoD

@Migos spews incorrect information, hoping something sticks, and tries to pretend it never happened when he is shown to be wrong. Then he says that we are in an echo chamber, with no apparent sense of irony or self-awareness.

@Migos spews incorrect information, hoping something sticks, and tries to pretend it never happened when he is shown to be wrong. Then he says that we are in an echo chamber, with no apparent sense of irony or self-awareness.

So....he acts like Trump. I honestly don't see a point debating the hardliners (of either party in fact) because you'll never change minds or they won't acknowledge your side (more from the right on the last point.)

A lot of Migos's plagiarized diatribe is correct, he just goes too far with his Trumpisms. Bill Maher brought this up last week as well. The Dems have taken up defending feelings rather than principles. They've spent too much time addressing the fringes of their party, but haven't paid attention to the base.

Not saying their causes weren't just and correct, but they focused too much on it, and not enough on 'joe six pack' < Although a lot of this also should be blamed on the Rep's for resisting anything and everything Obama wanted to do.

The Rep's brought Washington to a standstill, and Trump swept in on his golden escalator to pretend he's their savior. He's the modern day P.T. Barnum.

Trump just announced his supreme court pick, Neil Gorsuch. The fact that the entire Republican party is literally beaming with excitement says everything you need to know.

Trump just announced his supreme court pick, Neil Gorsuch. The fact that the entire Republican party is literally beaming with excitement says everything you need to know.

The Dems got a choice to make. Neither will lead to victory, but one will point to guts and a reason for being.

AoD

I have sympathy for the family - it is human suffering. What I have less sympathy for is this:

Despite what happened to the Assalis, not everyone in their community disagrees with Trump. NBC News spoke with Rev. Anthony Sabbagh, an immigrant who voted for Trump partly because of his promise to make national security a top priority.
"I admire a president that protects his people and tries to make America safe," Sabbagh said.

AoD

Back