News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

Hey lighten up! (are u the neighbors?)

The sales people emailed me from the developer explicit guarantee that it will be residential or Idon't have to close and they'll compensate me $2500. Here's the thing - I'll skip the legal mumbo jumbo

Vendor anticipates that the City of Toronto will give its permission for the Unit to be used for residential purposes (the “Permissionâ€) as of the Closing Date.... If Vendor has not given Purchaser confirmation by the City of such Permission by the Closing Date... Purchaser shall have the right to terminate this transaction by delivering a notice to that effect to Vendor on said Closing Date..., Vendor shall forthwith refund in full Purchaser’s deposit(s) paid hereunder and give Purchaser an additional two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500.00). This condition is included for the benefit of the Purchaser.

I lso called the city about the parking permits. The building isn't eligible now but once its residential I will get a permit. plenty available.

Am I scammed? Don't think so. It's all about the parking, isn't it? I'm going to get me a big double length rig and park it day and night.

Hey, we're going to be neighbors so lets get along OK?

I actually don't live in the area at all, I just felt the developer was not being on-the-level, but your last post suggests otherwise. If anything my indignation was in support of buyers like you, I didn't like the thought of buyers investing in something they couldn't use. I'm glad it looks like it will all work out for you. Congrats! When do you get to move in? In a building like this where everything is already built, do you get possession very quickly?

Except that the extra 20k price hike is essentially paying for the building sitting vacant for so long awa Plazacorp's legal fees.

True, but the price increase has no bearing on the buyer's risk regarding zoning. If the buyer doesn't like the price increase, he/she doesn't have to buy.

15 June 2009 photo update:

Who wants to live in a $200k+ dungeon?

dsc01860c.jpg

went by today to look at the units. seemed like it has attracted a lot of interest. overall the units were nice, but i was unimpressed with the flooring- wood laminate.

went by today to look at the units. seemed like it has attracted a lot of interest. overall the units were nice, but i was unimpressed with the flooring - wood laminate.

that's odd ... one would think the place had original wood floors that would have added to the authenticity of the loft.

that's odd ... one would think the place had original wood floors that would have added to the authenticity of the loft.

Either you keep the floor or you keep the ceiling, i believe the developer had to make a choice on where they were going to insulate, i dont think both sides of the floor could be kept. Im not a fan of laminate/floating floors but then again at any given time the purchaser can replace them with hardwood or any other flooring. By the way, nice warehouse building.

Went in here recently and was VERY impressed. So impressed I convinced a friend to buy. (UrbanDreamer's photos do not do this place justice and the units are the complete opposite of being a dungeon... even the 1st floor units are all very bright).

The prices are still very good and I think this is an awesome investment. You are steps away from whatever you might need.

Although it's too bad about the laminate flooring, it's really minor considering the other finishes and uniqueness of each unit. Anyone looking for a bargain, I'd say this might be your last cool place so close to the subway.

Two thumbs up from me. I just hope the approvals go through without a hitch. Definitely worth the gamble.

price...

does anyone know the price of these? not the smaller units, but maybe the 700 sqft? i'm looking for something in/around 300K.

i like the area and the builidng too, but, i'm not sure if this development is worth the trouble...i also wouldn't want to not feel welcomed in the neighbourhood by some of the current residents.

does anyone know the price of these? not the smaller units, but maybe the 700 sqft? i'm looking for something in/around 300K.

i like the area and the builidng too, but, i'm not sure if this development is worth the trouble...i also wouldn't want to not feel welcomed in the neighbourhood by some of the current residents.
I know they were selling 700 sqft for around 300k - don't know if any left.

Anyway, the OMB decision came down today and I figure it's time to start packing. Can't wait to move in. No more rent.

As noted in the post above an appeal of the CoA's decision to refuse the application for minor variances was allowed by the OMB on July 15th as it was found to maintain the purpose and intent of the OP.

Another issue that delayed full approvals was heritage. The notice of intention to designate the Feather Factory Lofts as a heritage building was
posted by the City of Toronto and expired on June 1. The by-law is pending and the manager of heritage preservation just has a few minor issues to resolve regarding indoor and outdoor amenity space.

Back