News   Jun 05, 2024
 219     0 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 477     1 
News   Jun 04, 2024
 1.8K     0 

Feather Factory Lofts (Roncesvalles/Dundas, Plazacorp)

but I believe live/work is classified as commercial for property taxes, and perhaps for parking.

If you have a business in a live/work building, you're charged commercial property taxes, if you just live there, you're charged the residential rate.

It actually seems suspicious to me that they would choose to relaunch prior to the final decision of the OMB. Why not just wait another month. I suppose there may be financing deadlines maybe (?) but it seems like after trying to fully scam people into buying units that they won't be able to use one year, they would make sure they do not do the same again the next time. I seems like they want buyers locked in in case it doesn't go their way with the OMB. Then it will be the buyer's who just have to deal with the city over parking and over the potentially much higher taxes of their building. If everyone had just agreed not to buy anything until after the OMB decision then Plazacorp's nefarious scheme could have been foiled.

I get the feeling it's not the development that's the problem, it's the way that potential buyers have been misled as to the status of the building.

there's a sucker born every minute. :D ..... seriously, if i was spending over $200,000 on anything, i'll make damn sure that there's no questions marks in the purchase. Sorry if this sounds crude but the whole thing sounds like a mickey mouse operation..... total amateurs.

Automaton, I don't live in the area, and I totally think that building SHOULD be residential lofts, its gorgeous, but the developer has been scamming purchasers since the beginning. its not zoned for residential yet, so they shouldn't sell it as residential until it is. End of story.

Automaton, I don't live in the area, and I totally think that building SHOULD be residential lofts, its gorgeous, but the developer has been scamming purchasers since the beginning. its not zoned for residential yet, so they shouldn't sell it as residential until it is. End of story.

The Plazacorp Group is one of Toronto's most experienced residential condominium construction and development organizations. People can call them amateurs, mickey mouse, etc but they are also the same people behind the West Harbour City development, and King West at Liberty Village. This procedure of selling lofts without being fully approved has been done many times before by other developers with great success. To use the word scammers is kind of harsh unless of course you were buying property in the the Caribbean, Mexico, or some of the European latin countries.
I think that for every person thinking that this development is shady there will be two potential investors, thus having this small gorgeous building sold out before you know it......"beggers can't be choosy":rolleyes:

Yet the fact remains that Plazacorp is again selling these lofts as residential, something that there is no guarantees will be allowed yet, so Plazacorp is hoping for exactly what you are saying Automation, that there will be two investors out there for every sceptic.

It might work out for Plazacorp, and the unit buyers, and their gambit will pay off if it does. It is a gambit though, and residential zoning may not come to pass, so they all may be stuck with problems for a while longer. I hope that all involved can afford their situation if residential zoning does not happen.

happy victim

seems like they want buyers locked in in case it doesn't go their way with the OMB. Then it will be the buyer's who just have to deal with the city over parking and over the potentially much higher taxes of their building. If everyone had just agreed not to buy anything until after the OMB decision then Plazacorp's nefarious scheme could have been foiled.

Hey lighten up! (are u the neighbors?)

The sales people emailed me from the developer explicit guarantee that it will be residential or Idon't have to close and they'll compensate me $2500. Here's the thing - I'll skip the legal mumbo jumbo

Vendor anticipates that the City of Toronto will give its permission for the Unit to be used for residential purposes (the “Permissionâ€) as of the Closing Date.... If Vendor has not given Purchaser confirmation by the City of such Permission by the Closing Date... Purchaser shall have the right to terminate this transaction by delivering a notice to that effect to Vendor on said Closing Date..., Vendor shall forthwith refund in full Purchaser’s deposit(s) paid hereunder and give Purchaser an additional two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500.00). This condition is included for the benefit of the Purchaser.

I lso called the city about the parking permits. The building isn't eligible now but once its residential I will get a permit. plenty available.

Am I scammed? Don't think so. It's all about the parking, isn't it? I'm going to get me a big double length rig and park it day and night.

Hey, we're going to be neighbors so lets get along OK?

I'm pretty sure most of us won't be your neighbours and don't even live in the area, these posts are simply cautionary warnings and mean no offense ... sounds like you are accept and are very well assured by the builder ... so congrads on your purchase

Anyone remember Candy Factory lofts? Look what happened to the neighbourhood!

If anything, I bet the local opposition here comes from those that don't want gentrification--higher property taxes etc. This strip of Dundas West from the RR bridge to Roncevalles needs a boost!

The Plazacorp Group is one of Toronto's most experienced residential condominium construction and development organizations. People can call them amateurs, mickey mouse, etc but they are also the same people behind the West Harbour City development, and King West at Liberty Village.

Experienced yes, but not necessarily experience that's impressive. King West at Liberty Village won't even be happening as they're stuck at less than 25% sold and West Harbour City is an unmitigated disaster of a development - hideous, poor suite design and adding nothing to the landscape of the area. I do, however, like the Feather Factory Lofts very much :)

West Harbour City is an unmitigated disaster of a development - hideous, poor suite design and adding nothing to the landscape of the area.

Really ?!?!?

My impression is the complete opposite.

A nice pre-cast and glass tower in contrast to all the other all glass buildings. Some nice detailing within the pre-cast too.

The suite designs are okay ... all large suites and I don't recall seeing any windowless bedrooms.

The sales people emailed me from the developer explicit guarantee that it will be residential or Idon't have to close and they'll compensate me $2500. Here's the thing - I'll skip the legal mumbo jumbo

Vendor anticipates that the City of Toronto will give its permission for the Unit to be used for residential purposes (the “Permission”) as of the Closing Date.... If Vendor has not given Purchaser confirmation by the City of such Permission by the Closing Date... Purchaser shall have the right to terminate this transaction by delivering a notice to that effect to Vendor on said Closing Date..., Vendor shall forthwith refund in full Purchaser’s deposit(s) paid hereunder and give Purchaser an additional two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500.00). This condition is included for the benefit of the Purchaser.

I lso called the city about the parking permits. The building isn't eligible now but once its residential I will get a permit. plenty available.

Am I scammed? Don't think so.

You shoulda said so from the beginning. That seems to be an acceptable risk. Congratulations. Looks like you win either way.

Vendor anticipates that the City of Toronto will give its permission for the Unit to be used for residential purposes (the “Permissionâ€) as of the Closing Date.... If Vendor has not given Purchaser confirmation by the City of such Permission by the Closing Date... Purchaser shall have the right to terminate this transaction by delivering a notice to that effect to Vendor on said Closing Date..., Vendor shall forthwith refund in full Purchaser’s deposit(s) paid hereunder and give Purchaser an additional two thousand five hundred dollars ($2500.00). This condition is included for the benefit of the Purchaser.

Am I scammed? Don't think so. It's all about the parking, isn't it? I'm going to get me a big double length rig and park it day and night.

Hey, we're going to be neighbors so lets get along OK?

Well that covers it all then. Congrats on the purchase.

With that settled i am a little bit more interested in purchasing but still find the pricing a bit high.

Anyone know what the deal with loblaws is with the parking? Apparently Lowlaws is renting out some of the spots in their parking lot to FFL owners. Anyone have any details on this.

Back