338     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 832     3 

Evocative Images of Lost Toronto

...Or how about this?

085df684.jpg

Lawrence Ave crossing of the east Don?

Lawrence Ave crossing of the east Don?

You're good. :) I doubt most of us are old enough, but I'll ask it... did you ever see that bridge? Well-spotted.

Anybody recognize this? :)

60b90483.jpg

Still working on this one but a first thought is Don Mills Rd, looking west, north west up to Thorncliff Pk.

No, the building does not appear to be the same.

As a side note, how many try to pan around a regular photo like streetview?

Last edited:
Still working on this one but a first thought is Don Mills Rd, looking west, north west up to Thorncliff Pk.

No, the building does not appear to be the same.

As a side note, how many try to pan around a regular photo like streetview?

That's a good guess. No, it's not where you thought it was, but I'll bet you someone out there will get this... and probably within a day. :)

Isn't this the same Don River - near the bridge in the other photo?
Looking N/E towards the Apt. building on Lawrence (N side just east of the DV Parkway)

It is indeed the Don, but not there. Goldie, I can pretty much guarantee you saw this view. If you'd told me you took this shot (and if I didn't know the actual photographer's name), I'd have believed it. :)

Bayview Ghost?
that was my first guess as well, but it looks like it has one too many storeys, and the window spacing is wrong

plus, the housing at the top right of the photo, where would that be? hillside drive? also, i'm intrigued by the shack in the centre

nice one, lone primate, an excellent challenge...

:)

that was my first guess as well, but it looks like it has one too many storeys, and the window spacing is wrong

plus, the housing at the top right of the photo, where would that be? hillside drive? also, i'm intrigued by the shack in the centre

nice one, lone primate, an excellent challenge...

:)
Shack in the middle , looks like houses on the ridge to the right.

Back