Emerald Park Condos (Bazis International, Plaza, Metropia) - Real Estate

From what I recall, my occupancy dates have been moved from December 15th to 30th to January 19th to February 2nd to now February 17th. I'm confused they wouldn't know if they will miss the dates earlier... few days notice is a bit unreasonable.. I would expect they have a plan set out and if they can not meet certain milestones then they should already know the occupancy date would be missed.

Check out Tarion for the rules on date changes and notifications - you form a claim after you move in (or maybe closing, I think).

We're on the pre-July 2008 rules, found here:
http://www.tarion.com/Warranty-Protection/Understanding-Delayed-Closings-and-Occupancies/Pages/Delayed-Occupancy-Protection-for-Condominiums.aspx

That said, 6 days notice is really bs, especially for any renters put there with end-of-month move-outs.

Wow, too bad we didn't sign a few days after. Seems like we would be compensated more.

Think you got that flipped - shorter tower is west.

chanmr, if you're on the 32-storey West Tower, and just got delay notice today, I really don't know what they're doing. I'm on 26th, West Tower, and was told early January that it was moved from Feb 3 to Mar 2.

Not sure about your case, but my date change will be subject to Tarion compensation. Nothing else to really do; they'll move you in only when they're good and ready, unfortunately.

Cool,... corrections made,... thanks Aaro

Aaro, for your 26th floor, judging from the lights left on at night, they seem to have finished drywall, paint and electrical lights on 26 and 27 now. Likely now installing kitchen cabinets, flooring, trims etc,...

28 & above probably drywall and painting stage

About floor 16-25 some units have lights on,... so likely still have work in progress.

South-east corner units are likely last to be ready on each floor since they were used for exterior construction elevator - floor 26-32 still don't have glass on balcony walls yet.

32-storey WEST tower been producing smoke on top since Jan 21st,... meaning HVAC system is heating building, lobby looks usable - not completely finished all trim but usable.

The above only refers to 32 storey WEST tower,....

40 storey EAST is much further behind,.... judging from the lights left on at night, they seem to have finished drywall, paint and electrical lights on 21 now,.... mainly working on 10-21. No smoke on top meaning no heating HVAC and lobby only has drywall,... northeast corner units balcony still used as exterior construction elevator.

Hmmm,... maybe some new residents are moving into EmeraldPark 32 storey West Tower on February 2nd or 3rd.

It seems the temporary construction fencing they had on Bogert Avenue in front of both lobbies and garage entrances have just been removed. Fencing still remains in front of lobby for 40 storey East Tower which is further behind in completion - but both lobbies are connected via an internal passageway.

Anyways, lobby for 32 storey West Tower have finished drywall and paint stage and need more trimming but functional. In front of lobby door, they put in protective construction overhead hoarding so people can go in and out without hardhats.

Hmmm,... maybe some new residents are moving into EmeraldPark 32 storey West Tower on February 2nd or 3rd.

It seems the temporary construction fencing they had on Bogert Avenue in front of both lobbies and garage entrances have just been removed. Fencing still remains in front of lobby for 40 storey East Tower which is further behind in completion - but both lobbies are connected via an internal passageway.

Anyways, lobby for 32 storey West Tower have finished drywall and paint stage and need more trimming but functional. In front of lobby door, they put in protective construction overhead hoarding so people can go in and out without hardhats.

Can you please get a snap shot of it?

Thanks.

Can you please get a snap shot of it?

Thanks.

Ok,... and when you finally move in, you post photo of interior - amenity area, thanks.

Interior shot is unfinished lobby area - lobby interior door-wall still not in but could use hidden side door at spine - look for door hinge in 2nd photo

Attachments

• IMG_3047[1].JPG
    IMG_3047[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 433
  • IMG_3082[1].JPG
    IMG_3082[1].JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3071[1].JPG
    IMG_3071[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 410
  • IMG_3078[1].JPG
    IMG_3078[1].JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 425
Last edited:
For 40 storey East Tower folks, your lobby is still closed off by temporary construction fencing - dumpster and exterior construction elevator in north-east corner. Lobby itself is still in framing-drywall stage. They seem to have curtain wall enclosing mechanical room,... in process of installing curtain wall to enclose top truss - curve structure of tower.

Attachments

• IMG_3065[1].JPG
    IMG_3065[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 443
These photo are 32 storey West Tower, use mechanical room (lighted near top with elongated windows on 33rd floor) and count floors down to your floor,.... then look at window. Window with white paper taped on inside still need task done. The more white paper, the more task. Thus, most units seems done,... all south-east units (used for exterior construction elevator) still need work done as evidence by paper on window in last photo. Hallways are usually last to be done. Note: Curved side is west side - straight side is east side.

Attachments

• IMG_3094[1].JPG
    IMG_3094[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 428
  • IMG_3146[1].JPG
    IMG_3146[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 446
  • IMG_3121[1].JPG
    IMG_3121[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 429
  • IMG_3100[1].JPG
    IMG_3100[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 423
Last edited:
These photo are 40 storey East Tower, find mechanical room (near top with elongated windows on 41st floor) and count floors down to your floor,.... then look at window. Window with white paper taped on inside still need task done - tough to see, might have to zoom in. The more white paper, the more task. Thus, most units still need work done,... all north-east units (still used for exterior construction elevator) are usually last done on each floor. Hallways are usually last to be done. Note: Curved side is west side - straight side is east side.

Attachments

• IMG_3098[1].JPG
    IMG_3098[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 781
  • IMG_3107[1].JPG
    IMG_3107[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 760
  • IMG_3112[1].JPG
    IMG_3112[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 763
  • IMG_3128[1].JPG
    IMG_3128[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 757
Last edited:
Just received notice that occupancy date is move from Feb 17th to March 24th due to the City's building department has mandated that the retail portion of the community also be completed prior to granting residence occupancy.

Does anyone know what needs to be completed for the retail portion i.e all the dry wall up and flooring? Anyone else have their occupancy dates pushed as well?

Thanks for the head's up. I used to be March 2, so I'll expect a delay as well. Ridiculous that they're giving some people this kind of short notice.

Got my PDI scheduled for February 25; wonder if that'll get delayed now too. Based on what you said, I guess no one's moved in even though the heat has been on for weeks now.

Shouldn't impact your PDI, I had my PDI back in mid-late December. They indicated that my units finishings are complete and the delay is due to retail community required to be finished as per the City's building department.

it's going to be a joke if everyone will be moving on March 24th...

Just received notice that occupancy date is move from Feb 17th to March 24th due to the City's building department has mandated that the retail portion of the community also be completed prior to granting residence occupancy.

Does anyone know what needs to be completed for the retail portion i.e all the dry wall up and flooring? Anyone else have their occupancy dates pushed as well?

That's BULL!

Look across the street at HullmarkCentre:
- South Tower (2 Anndale) condo started moving in December 2013 way before its retail component was anywhere near finish
- First retail to open was WholeFoodsMarket on Sept 23, 2014
- Rexall open last week
- RBC & GUU not open yet
- North Tower condo residents just started moving in a few months ago - around Dec 2014

EmeraldPark retail component is basically dry wall done on Yonge frontage but food court in west end is still a shell waiting for framing with duct work and piping; 2nd floor is further ahead (and ahead of where WholeFoodsMarket was when HullmarkCentre South Tower condo residents moved in). Condo residents are NOT living in the retail area so why would it matter. Condo resident have separate lobby entrances on Bogert and don't go through the retail area.

I suspect the real reason why they won't let West Tower residents move in yet is because 40 storey East Tower is still not fully enclosed by curtain wall and still have exterior construction elevator on north-east corner of building. Because the lobbies of East Tower and West Tower are connected via walkway and both tower share underground parking garage; it would be easy for a resident of West Tower to *accidentally* wonder into East Tower which is still very much under construction.

But then again when HullmarkCentre South Tower condo residents moved in Dec 2013, North Tower condo tower was still being poured,... floor by floor,... but 2 towers are further apart.

Last edited:

Yes, I got notice of delay from Mar 2nd to March 23rd. I am in the East tower though which from what I can see is the more delayed phase of this project.

Seems these guys have no solid committment to occupancy dates. It is just a constantly moving target.

Back