Toronto Eleven Superior | ?m | 9s | Davies Smith | RAW Design

Smart people are buying here, looks to be more affordable than the recent Regent Park launches and I think a much nicer location.... I'm following a few realtor's on twitter these days, here's a facebook photo of the model at the (rolls eyes) "vip" launch today: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=15264290&id=186496000051 from http://twitter.com/amitandroy

33580_10150278622235052_186496000051_15264290_6829696_n.jpg

The parking spaces on Superior are a mistake. They should have been hidden in the back.

It would be nice if they used real stone around the ground floor retail units instead of precast, but otherwise, it looks fine. This building is one of those infill buildings that makes a strong statement at the the neighbourhood level but may go unnoticed by the city. Yet quality infill buildings like this one are important in making a great city.

What do you guys think of the location? I don't know how the surrounding properties are going to react and if the neighborhood will follow suit... Is this project going to be a boom or bust?

It's just a couple of blocks away from all of the hubbub of Humber Bay Shores, so no reason to think this will be a bust based on location. The Mimico shopping strip on Lake Shore is bound to improve in the coming decade.

I think the location is pretty good. The project should kick-start gentrification of Mimico, which has nice, urban potential.

Though the impediment to such a kickstart might be the same one that's plagued Parkdale: all those cheap spec 50s/60s bedbug palaces facing the water...

Though the impediment to such a kickstart might be the same one that's plagued Parkdale: all those cheap spec 50s/60s bedbug palaces facing the water...

Wasn't there talk of that whole stretch of apartments being demolished to make way for condos? Honestly, the only complex I think is worth keeping is the one with the mint green bricks.

It's probably largely those lowrise shotgun walkups that're endangered--the taller stuff at the foot of Burlington, Superior, etc is more likely for keeps...

Anyone buy in?? I'm interested in a one bedroom which is approximately $463psf including parking and taxes in... Is this too high for the area?? Feedback would be greatly appreciated. I really do like the location, literally a stones throw to a grocery store, dry cleaners and plenty of coffee shops and of course the lake!

Back