East FiftyFive (Lamb Dev Corp/Hyde Park Homes) - Real Estate -

Email from Lamb today states that occupancy is expected to begin in early October 2020 and finish up in January 2021. This is our first condo purchase and I’m wondering how long after the building is fully occupied does closing occur (i.e. when you start paying your mortgage?).

Email from Lamb today states that occupancy is expected to begin in early October 2020 and finish up in January 2021. This is our first condo purchase and I’m wondering how long after the building is fully occupied does closing occur (i.e. when you start paying your mortgage?).

I think it's typically 3-6 months depending on your floor. Last precon I bought I occupied in March 2013 (high floor) and registered July 2013. Not sure if the current situation will affect registration.

Definitely coming together at ground level. If they’re looking to have occupancy start in October, they’ve got just over a month left to get that lobby and building entrance done.

Definitely coming together at ground level. If they’re looking to have occupancy start in October, they’ve got just over a month left to get that lobby and building entrance done.

Does it look like they will make it?

Does it look like they will make it?
I personally can’t say, but I think it’s possible? What I’m not sure about is that utility elevator on the north side. It blocks the parking garage entrance. I have to imagine they need to remove it so residents can actually park.

I was trying to gauge progress based on the lower units last time I waked by - but it’s hard to tell how quickly they are completing the lower units

I haven’t heard anything new either. I’m on the 9th floor, so I was thinking I wouldn’t hear from Brad until mid October; if I assume a mid November occupancy and them needing to give us at least 30 days notice.

I haven’t heard anything new either. I’m on the 9th floor, so I was thinking I wouldn’t hear from Brad until mid October; if I assume a mid November occupancy and them needing to give us at least 30 days notice.
I was thinking the same timeline (but I'm on floor 11), however, we (the buyers) will have a deficiency walk-thru of our suite prior to occupancy that we will need some notice for. I am hoping we hear about our date for the deficiency walk-thru sometime in September, with the actual walk-thru taking place in October and then occupancy in November. So the timeline for buyers on the lower floors should be earlier than my estimate. This is all just a guess though. I take a slight bit of comfort in the fact that Brad keeps doing weekly instagram videos from inside East55 and they reiterate "Fall 2020".

Anyone get an update? We are almost at October...
Nothing yet for me. I’ll email them later today. Also, whether this is helpful or not to other purchasers, I connected with the developer a couple months ago to increase the last deposit amount (to lower the occupancy fee) but was told they are not entertaining any changes to the deposit schedule.

Nothing yet for me. I’ll email them later today. Also, whether this is helpful or not to other purchasers, I connected with the developer a couple months ago to increase the last deposit amount (to lower the occupancy fee) but was told they are not entertaining any changes to the deposit schedule.

I emailed them and they just let me know they finalized dates last night and will be sending out the notices starting tomorrow

Back