News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Durham Region Transit / Pulse

I have noticed that the TTC loaners have covered up Presto readers, and therefore free trips for all passengers on that bus. I'm curious who if anyone covers the revenue shortfall?

Now that the One-Fare program is in place, would DRT buses be able to pick up & drop-off people within Toronto now?

I don't believe so.

The issue was never about the fares but more about the ability to provide service within the city boundaries. Essentially the TTC had agreements and I believe legislation in place preventing other agencies from accepting fares in Toronto.

Now that the One-Fare program is in place, would DRT buses be able to pick up & drop-off people within Toronto now?
I really wish they’d bring back service to Rouge Hill GO. I’ve emailed them about it a number of times. It shouldn’t take me 40 minutes and three buses to do a trip that used to take 15 minutes.

I really wish they’d bring back service to Rouge Hill GO. I’ve emailed them about it a number of times. It shouldn’t take me 40 minutes and three buses to do a trip that used to take 15 minutes.

Is there not a bus that goes along Altona to the GO station?

Is there not a bus that goes along Altona to the GO station?
They got rid of it years ago, unfortunately. Either right before the pandemic or as part of the pandemic service reductions.

If ridership isn’t there, the least they could do is extend the On-Demand service area to Rouge Hill GO and Port Union at Kingston.

They got rid of it years ago, unfortunately. Either right before the pandemic or as part of the pandemic service reductions.

If ridership isn’t there, the least they could do is extend the On-Demand service area to Rouge Hill GO and Port Union at Kingston.
the lfs hev has the 109 dest for some reason

The issue was never about the fares but more about the ability to provide service within the city boundaries. Essentially the TTC had agreements and I believe legislation in place preventing other agencies from accepting fares in Toronto.
This was changed with Bill 131, Transportation for the Future Act, 2023

Back