News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Durham Region Transit / Pulse

Stopped by Ajax GO Station and spotted a few of the new leased buses from the south parking lot looking close to ready for service. I'm hearing that they will start to enter service in February. There are fifteen buses and they will be split between Ajax and Oshawa. For those interested in the equipment: it turns out there will be four former Mississauga D40LFRs joining the leased fleet.

Do we know which buses are going to which division?

Last edited:
Unfortunately I haven’t heard of a firm the plan for those items. A friend, who’s a mechanic at a different transit agency mentioned announcements might be too much work for the relatively short time these buses will be with DRT. Destination signs should be easy to do since they have the Luminator program. Though that was supposed to be the case with the TTC buses, but the file was uploaded incorrectly and they just printed route cards instead.
Do you have any ideas whether we will be able to track these buses online or not ?

Do you have any ideas whether we will be able to track these buses online or not ?
That would be related to the CAD/AVL, which I’m not sure the leased buses will be getting. Can’t confirm either way.

Have been told, they will apparently have Presto installed, though.

8473 has a led dest now
20240206_080350.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the leased LFs are now in service. Today I saw one at consumer drive a freshly painted all white bus with drt livery on top . The bus was in motion so didn't get a chance to take a photo or see which route was it (It can be 905 Whitby station, 319 Whitby station or 917 Pickering parkway). Also I tried checking it in transit but was not able to track that either.

Looks like the leased LFs are now in service. Today I saw one at consumer drive a freshly painted all white bus with drt livery on top . The bus was in motion so didn't get a chance to take a photo or see which route was it (It can be 905 Whitby station, 319 Whitby station or 917 Pickering parkway). Also I tried checking it in transit but was not able to track that either.
Saw one yesterday doing the 302/905 run. The destination signs haven't been programmed in yet as it just said MiWay on them.

Saw one yesterday doing the 302/905 run. The destination signs haven't been programmed in yet as it just said MiWay on them.
The buses are in service but not for passengers service as of now drt is training ops to how to get the bus to move besides 0101 and 0105

Back