News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 334     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 902     0 

Dundas West/ Bloor Mobility Hub +interconnected hub network (Metrolinx)

I think Roncesvalles is a great name - but Roncesvalles ends about a quarter-mile south of the station. Perth Avenue is closer to the station.

And Roncesvalles is getting a bit remove from Bloor GO.

I'd just call the whole thing Bloor West. I'm struggling to think of something else. And it's not near Bloor West Village.

Lol, perhaps they could just call the entire thing "Crossways". (NO!)

Or else go for something very different. David Miller station ... I don't think anyone has pushed the Bloor-Dundas West connection more than him.
Shoulda just offered up naming it Crossways in exchange for the building owner getting out of the way to let the connection go ahead sooner, without expropriation. But here we are.

They have an opportunity to rename and unify both stations. TTC and metrolinx should just name it West Bend station or Junction triangle station. Both of the neighborhoods are adjacent to the rail corridor. Naming stations after neighbors/land marks is the best way moving forward as the amount of stations in Toronto increases.

TTC and metrolinx should just name it West Bend station or Junction triangle station. Both of the neighborhoods are adjacent to the rail corridor.
Those are both well established informal names, but neither is an officially recognized neighbourhood name. The city calls them "High Park North" and "Junction-Wallace Emerson", both of which would make terrible names for a station. Roncesvalles is probably the most recognizable of the adjacent neighbourhoods, so that would be my vote.

Those are both well established informal names, but neither is an officially recognized neighbourhood name. The city calls them "High Park North" and "Junction-Wallace Emerson", both of which would make terrible names for a station. Roncesvalles is probably the most recognizable of the adjacent neighbourhoods, so that would be my vote.
SO i would agree, but once the Ontario line is extended west. Odds are high there would be a station there, which is why i would rather save that name for the future. Roncesvalles is not near the current station. The street ends just before, and them "heart" of the neighbourhood is further south.

I throw my vote in for Junction Station. Bloor and Dundas West is a bit of weird spot right in between a bunch of neighbourhoods. As a lifelong resident in the West Bend area, I typically refer to and hear the area referred to as either the Junction or High Park. I know the Junction neighbourhood is technically a bit north of there, but I feel it's a bit more of the prevailing name, being used more often (especially with that new cool pink neon sign floating over the neighbourhood) and I think it also just sounds better. The Junction name would also be great for the GO station, especially as it is a multi-line station, and would technically meet the definition of a "junction station", well at least if the Milton line stopped there (crossing my fingers for that happening one day...).

I throw my vote in for Junction Station. Bloor and Dundas West is a bit of weird spot right in between a bunch of neighbourhoods. As a lifelong resident in the West Bend area, I typically refer to and hear the area referred to as either the Junction or High Park. I know the Junction neighbourhood is technically a bit north of there, but I feel it's a bit more of the prevailing name, being used more often (especially with that new cool pink neon sign floating over the neighbourhood) and I think it also just sounds better. The Junction name would also be great for the GO station, especially as it is a multi-line station, and would technically meet the definition of a "junction station", well at least if the Milton line stopped there (crossing my fingers for that happening one day...).
Here I am crossing my fingers that it never happens because it’ll slow down the commute for thousands of people, including me.

It looks like this might again be a walkway from Dundas St W to the GO station, as it was temporarily some time back in the last few years?
DundasGO_05Jan2024.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like this might again be a walkway from Dundas St W to the GO station, as it was temporarily some time back in the last few years?View attachment 531709
As far I can recall, a walkway was to go north of the new development once it was completed and looks like it is underway now. Makes a shorter walking distance not crossing at the traffic lights.

As far I can recall, a walkway was to go north of the new development once it was completed and looks like it is underway now. Makes a shorter walking distance not crossing at the traffic lights.
The number of people who jaywalk at this intersection is disturbing. This little walkway is going to be a big quality-of-life and safety benefit for the area.

The number of people who jaywalk at this intersection is disturbing. This little walkway is going to be a big quality-of-life and safety benefit for the area.
If I remember correctly and stand to be corrected, a crosswalk is to be place at the intersection with stripping. I jaywalk that area most of the time when shooting the area since traffic is backup most of the time.

It could be traffic lights as well which will help TTC streetcars to exit the loop as well get to it which is a big problem today for them.

If I remember correctly and stand to be corrected, a crosswalk is to be place at the intersection with stripping. I jaywalk that area most of the time when shooting the area since traffic is backup most of the time.

It could be traffic lights as well which will help TTC streetcars to exit the loop as well get to it which is a big problem today for them.
I hope that's not true. There's already a traffic stop a little North at the FreshCo on top of the traffic stop at the intersection of Bloor and Dundas. A crosswalk at the new path with the amount of foot traffic here would make this area undrivable.

Reactions: PL1
I hope that's not true. There's already a traffic stop a little North at the FreshCo on top of the traffic stop at the intersection of Bloor and Dundas. A crosswalk at the new path with the amount of foot traffic here would make this area undrivable.
Most of Toronto is "undrivable" most of the time. That's why we need priority for public transit, so that people stop using cars as much as possible.

Cities were built for people, not cars. Transit needs to increase to double in size to help remove cars.

Cities were built for people, not cars. Transit needs to increase to double in size to help remove cars.
I generally agree and strongly support more transit/walking options but please look at the map below. The orange is where the current stops are. The magenta is where the supposed future stop will be. This isn't reasonable and it not only affects cars. The streetcar and buses leaving Dundas West would be affected by this change and it would add to the gridlock this intersection sees at peak hours.
1704835382077.png

Back