News   May 13, 2024
 391     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 664     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.4K     2 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

CDL: two full price independents for you to add in Bloor West Village/Swansea:
Max's Market at 2299 Bloor St W,
and
Cheese Boutique at 45 Ripley Avenue. This amazing store is way more than just cheese, by the way, and worth a visit if you have never been.

CDL: two full price independents for you to add in Bloor West Village/Swansea:
Max's Market at 2299 Bloor St W,
and
Cheese Boutique at 45 Ripley Avenue. This amazing store is way more than just cheese, by the way, and worth a visit if you have never been.

Thanks, 42.

I hate saying no, but I really want to limit this to full-service supermarkets. I consider this to require a good selection of all the following items: fresh meat, fresh produce, baked goods, deli meats and cheeses, and dry goods. It would become way too unwieldy to start including small operations like those.

I've renamed the map.

Central Toronto Supermarkets Google Map

Last edited:
Does anyone have any views on Sun Valley on the Danforth? Do they sell dry goods (like cereal or canned goods)?

They do. They have butcher, deli, cheese and bakery counters, a large produce section and 6-7 aisles of dry and frozen goods. It's probably slightly larger than the Sobey's Urban Fresh in the Annex.

A few notes

Slightly beyond downtown, but Whole Foods has finally ironed out the details for their new Bayview/Eglinton location and publicly confirmed the go-ahead.

Unknown proponents......

But Grocery store permissions are being sought for Eastern Avenue (current Weston Bakery) (assume a Weston-brand store)

As well as another site in the area.

Thanks Northern. I updated the map to include the planned Whole Foods.

Does anyone know the status of the new Longos off Laird Dr?

The Price Chopper at Queen and Gladstone is not going anywhere or have the land redevelop soon as it being converted to a Freshco.

Everything inside the store is being replace and upgraded, as well out side.

This is a good move, as there needs to be a store like this even with the plan Metro on Peel St in the next 5 years.

Sun Valley Fine Foods at Danforth and Gough closed on July 29 after 29 years on the Danforth. The owners were quoted in the Star saying they could make more money leasing the building to a chain rather than operating an independent grocery store.

The Sobeys on Front @ Princess has gone from 24 hours to 7am-midnight - not sure exactly when this happened. They are clearly suffering badly from the nearby No Frills (which is also not open 24 hours).

There's an independent place called "Bloor Superfresh" one block west of the Annex Metro store. It's very small, but probably no smaller than the Annex Sobey's, which is also tiny. I live in the area, and the one thing we don't have here is a large supermarket within walking distance. The closest would probably be Whole Foods, but it's a good 12+ minute walk (at least).

Map is missing the following:

-Green Harbour Farms at Bathurst/Queens Quay
-Fresh and Wild at King/Spadina
-Rabba at Front/Blue Jays
-Rabba at Queens Quay/Rees
-The Kitchen Table at King/Tecumseth
-St. Lawrence Market!

Last edited:

Back