News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 568     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Do you like Toronto?

On a scale of 1 to 6 what do you rate Toronto vs. other urban cities?

• Up there with the best

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Not the best, but almost there

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Not near the best, but still great

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Decent, but in need of improvements

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • In need of dire improvements

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • We suck so bad

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
I don't know. Sometimes I love Toronto and would never want to live anywhere else. Sometimes I adore the diversity and tolerance of the city. I like having friends from everywhere else. I like being able to eat any kind of cuisine. I like being able to take Japanese classes for free with a ten minute drive. Of course, then I drive though one of many ethnic enclaves, ethnic hordes and I wonder whatever happened to "multiculturalism". I don't know. Maybe I just like the "idea" of Toronto but the way it's played out hasn't been to my taste. But I really can't imagine living anywhere else.

It's home

I've travelled extensively and would like to say that although Toronto may not be one of the worlds 'great' cities, it's one of the most liveable.
Europe, for all of it's history and culture, has a lot to be ashamed of as well. As stated by others here, once one gets past the glitz of the tourist areas, things don't seem so glamourous.
I've just returned from a week in Brussels, and although it's a very beautiful city, there are places where within a block or so the language changes from French to Flemish with neither side wanting to speak the other. If you don't speak the native tongue, they'd prefer you to speak english.
I've also got to say that I'm partial to Toronto's street layout. Being a newer city (compared to many European ones) early city planners had the luxury of more or less laying out the city in a grid. Much easier to find one's way around.
Is Toronto world class? Maybe. Toronto may become one of the worlds great cities, but not for another couple of hundred years when it has built up more history.
For a time, it looked as though Montreal was going to be Canada's great city. I dare say few are admitting as much now.

I've travelled extensively and would like to say that although Toronto may not be one of the worlds 'great' cities, it's one of the most liveable.
Europe, for all of it's history and culture, has a lot to be ashamed of as well. As stated by others here, once one gets past the glitz of the tourist areas, things don't seem so glamourous.
I've just returned from a week in Brussels, and although it's a very beautiful city, there are places where within a block or so the language changes from French to Flemish with neither side wanting to speak the other. If you don't speak the native tongue, they'd prefer you to speak english.
I've also got to say that I'm partial to Toronto's street layout. Being a newer city (compared to many European ones) early city planners had the luxury of more or less laying out the city in a grid. Much easier to find one's way around.
Is Toronto world class? Maybe. Toronto may become one of the worlds great cities, but not for another couple of hundred years when it has built up more history.
For a time, it looked as though Montreal was going to be Canada's great city. I dare say few are admitting as much now.

Excellent post and I have to agree with it 100%.

Back