News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 497     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Do you like Toronto?

On a scale of 1 to 6 what do you rate Toronto vs. other urban cities?

• Up there with the best

Votes: 38 26.2%
  • Not the best, but almost there

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Not near the best, but still great

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Decent, but in need of improvements

Votes: 23 15.9%
  • In need of dire improvements

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • We suck so bad

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
Yes-I like Toronto!

Everyone: The reason I joined this forum is my like of Toronto and the Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario. I like many areas surrounding the Great Lakes as a whole-from the area N&E of Duluth,Minnesota on Lake Superior in the West all the way to places in NY and ONT surrounding Lake Ontario in the East. Two of my favorite cities are the top two Great Lakes cities: Chicago and Toronto. LI MIKE

Looks like this is it. The vote stayed at 53 for a long while before bumping up to 54.

Obviously that part of the UT that has voted clearly leans toward viewing this city as the best or almost the best. That surprises me given what you read in the threads but that is what we are getting on this sampling.

I voted "Not near the best, but still great". My reasoning was that compared to ther great world cities we really dont stack up in most categories, but just for what the city is on the streets, in the many varied neighbourhoods, that tangible "Toronto experience", and because its ours, warts and all.

Zephyr, you are clearly a well trained technocrat....

I voted Toronto is the best!!!!!!!

____

I can't believe the poll was so positive...by the way people seem to love bitchin' and complain' in the projects section I would have figured "we suck bad!" would have had the majority of the votes.

.... hmmm..

Maybe "feeling" grey, investor and "Misery" White Boy, didn't get a chance to vote yet.

I hate it. Its snowing and I'm going to be late for work tommorow :-(
No, I'm not going to leave early. I need my sleep.

I chose "Not the best, but almost there" but TO's definitely the best place I've lived. I've lived in London UK, Mississauga, Ottawa, Fredericton and Toronto. The latter, especially the downtown area is the best, IMO.

It's has excellent and good shopping. It has many places to visit. It has excellent transport system. It has a very friendly atmosphere. People are so diverse and pleasant. Good architecture. Especially BC place. Yep I like Toronto.:D:D

I actually like Toronto very much (just don't like the winters), but it depends on what you are looking for in a city. Toronto is not a beautiful city (like Paris etc.) but it is very livable. I judge cities based on the food, and the livability.

Great variety and reasonable cost options for restaurants and food. Hopefully it will be warmer when I return.

love this livable city in ways more than one ... the only thing I would ask for is better public transit systems (and scarp the TTC union)

toronto is the best city in canada, one of the best cities in north america. honestly there are so many 18 year old ****heads that will say montreal is WAAAY better than toronto because of "the nightlife". wait till they graduate and realize.... oh wait there are no jobs in montreal, only smelly dirty hippy scuzzbags.

to hell with montreal. vive la toronto.

Canada on the whole has pretty decent cities, which always surprises me considering how we fancy ourselves some kind of rural nation. I just got back from Edmonton and I gotta say, it wasn't half bad. The three main cities, Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal are all quite nice and "urban." We don't really have an Atlanta or Denver. As for Toronto, I like it. It has more then enough problems to be sure, but every city has problems. Even the TTC, much as I like to rag on it, is surprisingly good. We can laugh and call it "Take The Car" and its funny, but then you go to Atlanta and hear their MARTA reffered to as "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atalanta" and "Take the Car" doesn't seem so bad anymore. And the best part is that our problems are all quite fixable. Like, without much effort, we could easily make some expansions to the TTC, bury the power lines and gentrify areas like Regent Park (or Leslieville, or Parkdale or...). It will take centuries to make a place like downtown Baltimore habitable again.

Compared to North American cities, Toronto would be up there, only below New York, Montreal, Chicago, San Francisco.

Compared to European Cities, Toronto is a dump!!! :mad:

Back