News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 495     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Critics peeved over new sidewalk ‘information pillars’

i'm quite positive that, once it warms up, i shall go out with a baseball bat at 4am and show the city/companies that invested in these what i think of their strategy to make toronto better.

As much as these things are despised by the public, I'm surprised more people haven't defaced these ugly things. I figured there would be graffiti or markings all over them by now.

Finally saw one of these on Queen West yesterday. Good grief, what were they thinking? It's in the middle of the sidewalk!

And all those posts they've put in for posters aren't much better ... and don't seem to do anything to stop posters being plastered to every other available surface.

The thing I find most perplexing about the "info" pillars is that the top "i" icon, which is its key identifier, isn't oriented so that pedestrians on the sidewalk can actually see it. It's absurd.

Saw one on University Avenue. Actually seems to work on University Avenue, where the sidewalk is very wide. Maybe the can stick them out in suburbia, protuding into the grass between the sidewalk and road ... :)

These things are quite possibly the most ignorant advertising I've ever seen. Never has advertising been more shoved in your face. Literally. What the hell is going on with this city!??!

Back