News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 914     1 

CIRCA 1+2 (Markham Ctr, Tridel/Dorsay, 2x 16s, Turner Fleischer)

July 8 2009 update

CIRCA 2 now working on the 13th floor ~

IMG_1112.jpg

so Tridel will have to paint these 'bricks' later? I wonder if that is going to cost more to maintain/repaint in the future compared with real 'brick' construction (like Majestic Court)

good question. I would like to think the cost effectiveness was considered, and I am confident it was but the details are not known to me.

Why wouldn't you/they have gone with real brick from the start? Too expensive?

I'm not sure if cost was the only reason but it likely had a factor. In any case, I'm pretty sure it was MORE expensive then a plain precast panel. The finished product is very close looking to real brick. Most people do not notice that it is not real brick. One of the few noticeable differences is it looks too "perfect", in my opinion.

Precast vs Real Brick

The end product WILL match Phase 1. These are precast pieces simulating brick. The precast will be colour matched at a later date.

The finished product is very close looking to real brick. Most people do not notice that it is not real brick. One of the few noticeable differences is it looks too "perfect", in my opinion.

I must say the precast brick used on CIRCA is impressively real ... had I not been tipped and seen the unpainted precast brick panels I would have never believed it ~

Pre Paint Job
IMG_1168.jpg

Finished Product
IMG_1169.jpg

July 20 2009 update

The CIRCA complex beginning to take shape similar to Tridel's rendering
IMG_1161.jpg

CIRCA 2's on the 14th Floor
IMG_1162.jpg

North Elevations
IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

CIRCA as seen from Majestic Court

a slightly different + less seen angle from a visit two weeks ago ...

DSC00300.jpg
DSC00301.jpg

My hope is that they make this area more pedestrian friendly as right now their is no reason to walk along here.

My hope is that they make this area more pedestrian friendly as right now their is no reason to walk along here.

This road is going to be 10 lanes wide.

The construction of the BRT ROW is to start this year.

It will take you about 6-10 minutes to cross this sucker on 2 lights.

This road is going to be 10 lanes wide.

The construction of the BRT ROW is to start this year.

It will take you about 6-10 minutes to cross this sucker on 2 lights.
I know this area well. Thanks very much for posting these great pics.

How are they going to expand Hwy 7 to 10 lanes? Right now it is six IIRC, 3 each way. If my memory serves me, there is no more land to add new lanes, especially at Warden and hwy 7, as well as at hwy 7 close to the power center at woodbine.

sp

it will be 8 lanes each way: 3 for traffic and 1 for the brt, plus left turn lanes and some extra width for the station platforms, so in some sections it may be 10 lanes.

it will be 8 lanes each way: 3 for traffic and 1 for the brt, plus left turn lanes and some extra width for the station platforms, so in some sections it may be 10 lanes.

10 at intersections and 8 east of Bayview. West of Bayview will remain as is up to Yonge.

10 at intersections and 8 east of Bayview. West of Bayview will remain as is up to Yonge.
Interesting. Any reason why they are not expanding west of Bayview? Don't the Viva buses have to travel along there in order to make it to Younge street for the communte down to Finch station?

How about East of Warden? Any plans for extra lanes?

Thanks again for the great info!

Anyone know which month construction will begin on the Viva BRT? I've heard this fall, does that mean Sept/October?

Also, any ideas on where construction will start? Will it be from the east end from Unionville GO station and head westward or will they start near Bayview?

Back