Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

How were the backsplash options? I liked the full glass upgrade that was in the model suite but worried it'll cost me an arm and maybe a leg. The standard countertop was great. Were there many cabinet colours to choose from? I thought there was supposed to be a pot light option above the kitchen sink. I hope my floor gets done before the end of the summer as I'm leaving Toronto at the Ed of the summer! Too bad about the rainforest showerhead. What else did you add?

Hi dn2521, I replied to your post privately.

What was the pricing like ? As well what was the percentage of payment they required?

Wow, I had wondered where my post went re: occupancy date as I guess I posted it in the wrong forum and only discovered it today.

Just wondering if anyone else heard from Charlie Condos about picking their finishes? I'm on the 17th floor and haven't heard a thing yet. If anyone could send me the upgrade options in advance, I'd appreciate it. In particular, I'm curious if they have an option for (i) to ceiling kitchen cabinets and (ii) a bigger refrigerator than the condo size one. Thanks!

Wow, I had wondered where my post went re: occupancy date as I guess I posted it in the wrong forum and only discovered it today.

Just wondering if anyone else heard from Charlie Condos about picking their finishes? I'm on the 17th floor and haven't heard a thing yet. If anyone could send me the upgrade options in advance, I'd appreciate it. In particular, I'm curious if they have an option for (i) to ceiling kitchen cabinets and (ii) a bigger refrigerator than the condo size one. Thanks!

I purchased on the 15th floor and also have not been contacted regarding finishes/upgrades.

If someone would be kind enough to provide the upgrade options in advance, I would also appreciate it!

Hi Luca, I'm on the 17th floor. But the last couple of weeks I asked my real estate agent to give them a call. Maybe that's why they called? In any case, I received the call this week so I say give it another week and call them then.

Hi Luca, I'm on the 17th floor. But the last couple of weeks I asked my real estate agent to give them a call. Maybe that's why they called? In any case, I received the call this week so I say give it another week and call them then.

Great !!! Thanks for insight!

What was the pricing like ? As well what was the percentage of payment they required?

In particular, I'm curious if they have an option for (i) to ceiling kitchen cabinets and (ii) a bigger refrigerator than the condo size one. Thanks!

I don't have the pricing, but I can tell you that they were expensive! There were a TON of different options but the standard finishes were quite nice so I imagine that most people won't need to upgrade. But if you do, here's a small breakdown..

* Taller Fridge would set you back around $1,400
* Standard kitchen includes closed cabinets.. if you want the floating kitchen shelves, then I think it's around $1,300 for 6 shelves
* The sushi bar thingy in the island was around $1,400-$1,500
* They have a variety of standard and upgraded cabinet finishes and countertop finishes. The upgrades for these are broken down by tiers, e.g. 1st level upgrade can be like $2K, and then 2nd level upgrade can be as much as $5K.
* Few random upgrades like an interior finish for the cabinets that came out to around $1,400, recycling bin for a few hundred, etc.
* Pendant lighting above island was like $1,200 (the one that was in the model suite)
* Smooth ceilings I think came out to $3/square foot.
* Home theatre upgrade (wall bracket + in-wall cable conduits) around $1,400
* Glass backsplash (the same as model suite) was an upgrade, around $1,000.. more if you opt for the floating shelves as the backsplash would go up and around the cabinet/shelves.

Things I wished they offered:
- Potlighting
- Rainhead showerhead

As for the kitchen cabinets, no, they don't have an option to extend the cabinets to the ceiling. I wish they did though!

Here are some photos from the decor centre

IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

Upgraded cabinets, countertops, backsplash and floating shelves

IMG_5875.jpg

What do you guys think about having the microwave in the island?

IMG_5893.jpg

Upgraded pendant lighting over island

IMG_5872.jpg

Sushi bar upgrade closed..

IMG_5873.jpg

Sushi bar open!

Color-Swatches.jpg

Board of finish samples

Very nice! A lot of nice looking finishes. I wonder how long the Zebrano wood style will last, though.

Thanks Aiekon for some of the details.

Unfortunately, the salesperson selling Charlie when I bought it lied (once again I might add) to me. She had told me that the ceilings in the whole unit were finished AND smooth and that was standard. One of the specific things I asked for as I personally hate cement ceilings and stucco ceilings. I'm curious for those who have bought and/or have gone for your appointment how much detail you were able to add to your agreement re: finishes and such? Thanks.

Luca, I haven't had my appointment yet but I did ask when I booked about the payment and they said they need 40% downpayment (not sure when the 60% balance is due).

Thanks Aiekon for some of the details.

Unfortunately, the salesperson selling Charlie when I bought it lied (once again I might add) to me. She had told me that the ceilings in the whole unit were finished AND smooth and that was standard. One of the specific things I asked for as I personally hate cement ceilings and stucco ceilings. I'm curious for those who have bought and/or have gone for your appointment how much detail you were able to add to your agreement re: finishes and such? Thanks.

Luca, I haven't had my appointment yet but I did ask when I booked about the payment and they said they need 40% downpayment (not sure when the 60% balance is due).

No problem! Yes, I found that some of the salespeople at the office weren't as knowledgeable as they should be. Having purchased pre-construction in the past, I had them verify what was standard/upgrades in the model suite. At first I was told that the under cabinet lighting in the kitchen was standard, but then had them verify and lo and behold, it's an upgrade. Other upgrades that many may think were standard are the glass opaque sliding doors, smooth ceilings, kitchen pendant lighting, under cabinet pot lighting, and glass backsplash.

Regarding the payment structure.. they are actually quite good with this. I had to pay 100% upfront at my current condo, but at Charlie they required 20%, 20% 3 months after and then the remainder on occupancy. The first two payments might be 25%.. I forgot.

For those that purchased early, did any of you choose the credit towards upgrades option.. or the cashback option?

Oh, they also said that the glass opaque sliding doors was also standard too when I went through. The others you mention, they got right with me. Live and learn I guess. As for the smooth ceilings, is the standard stucco and if so what kind of stucco? Also, do you know if it is everywhere?

Back