Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Glas is 16 storeys :D

3264426457_c598353f57_b.jpg

This is my first post, although I've followed this forum for a few years. I received a notice that Charlie's tentative occupancy date is now May 2012. Is this likely? Or do they keep moving the date in 6 month intervals for up to 36 months?

Thanks for any insights!

My occupancy date is also May 2012. I am at higher floor and looking at the building progress, isn't this date too optimistic with only a year to go?

when does the colour selection process start? i heard usually a year before the occupancy date. but if occupancy is may 2012, shouldnt selection occur this summer?

when does the colour selection process start? i heard usually a year before the occupancy date. but if occupancy is may 2012, shouldnt selection occur this summer?

We have scheduled our finishes/color-selection for mid-July. I found that the standard options were quite good so I'm curious to see what else will be offered as upgrades.

Hmm. I haven't received any info about selections yet. What floor are you on? Did they contact you first or did you have to call them?

Hmm. I haven't received any info about selections yet. What floor are you on? Did they contact you first or did you have to call them?

Hello, I'm on the podium level and I received an email from Alison, a decor consultant regarding the selections. Here's the email we received:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new condo!

My name is Alison and I am your Décor consultant.

I am presently booking appointments for the week of July 11 to 16th.

Appointments take place at 110 Charles St East townhouse #3.
Your appointment will take approximately 1-2 hours. We will review
All aspects of your home, from cabinetry, floor tile, hardwood, paint,
faucets, electrical, and window coverings.

At the end of the appointment a partial payment is required on your
order, (if upgrade options are selected) to process the paperwork..
Cheques only please.

Please do not hesitate to call or e-mail me, if you have any questions.

I hope that the upgrades aren't too expensive hehe

We visited the upgrades/finishes selections office and were pleasantly surprised to see that the standard finishes were quite nice. A lot of the upgraded finishes in the condominium we live in now (which was completed last year) are standard options at Charlie.

A few things that surprised us though were that there were no upgrade options for plumbing fixtures, e.g. faucets, shower head (e.g. no rainhead shower head option), hardware (e.g. cabinet handles, etc.), or potlighting. I also found there weren't that much options for countertop finishes also.

Upgrade pricing itself wasn't too bad.. actually much cheaper than the upgrade options elsewhere.

How were the backsplash options? I liked the full glass upgrade that was in the model suite but worried it'll cost me an arm and maybe a leg. The standard countertop was great. Were there many cabinet colours to choose from? I thought there was supposed to be a pot light option above the kitchen sink. I hope my floor gets done before the end of the summer as I'm leaving Toronto at the Ed of the summer! Too bad about the rainforest showerhead. What else did you add?

Back