Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Hi Aiekon. In the Charlie model suite, I noticed that the kitchen had those open book shelves like cabinets hanging in the kitchen wall. Are those shelves from the model suite considered to be upgrades because I noticed in your pics that those open shelves are not present but instead replaced with regular kitchen cabinets. Would you or anyone who bought at Charlie let me know. Thanks.

The open shelves were a $1500 Upgrade !!!! Closed shelves are standard !

Hi Aiekon. In the Charlie model suite, I noticed that the kitchen had those open book shelves like cabinets hanging in the kitchen wall. Are those shelves from the model suite considered to be upgrades because I noticed in your pics that those open shelves are not present but instead replaced with regular kitchen cabinets. Would you or anyone who bought at Charlie let me know. Thanks.
Hi Schnoober, the floating kitchen shelving were an upgrade.. an expensive one at that! For our unit, to upgrade to the 6 floating shelves it would have been $1,300 - $1,500. It's an attractive option if you already have tons of regular kitchen cabinets. If you look at the model suite pics you'll also notice that the tempered back painted glass backsplash reaches to to the top of the cabinets, and just below the bulkhead. To have this option, you would need to purchase the 6 floating shelves and pay an additional $1,700.

I remember seeing some kind of long deep corian pan that could be used as a planter or an ice bucket. It was shown in the model suite holding bottled drinks. That was an option.
This can be seen in the last photo that I uploaded from my PDI. It's actually changed slightly from what was displayed in the model suite. The model suite had this option with a stainless steel 'pan' that I don't think was removable. Therefore when we went to our finishes selection they only offered this upgrade with a corian pan.

Hi Schnoober, the floating kitchen shelving were an upgrade.. an expensive one at that! For our unit, to upgrade to the 6 floating shelves it would have been $1,300 - $1,500. It's an attractive option if you already have tons of regular kitchen cabinets. If you look at the model suite pics you'll also notice that the tempered back painted glass backsplash reaches to to the top of the cabinets, and just below the bulkhead. To have this option, you would need to purchase the 6 floating shelves and pay an additional $1,700.

This can be seen in the last photo that I uploaded from my PDI. It's actually changed slightly from what was displayed in the model suite. The model suite had this option with a stainless steel 'pan' that I don't think was removable. Therefore when we went to our finishes selection they only offered this upgrade with a corian pan.

Yeah I'm glad you picked the regular kitchen cabinets and not the floating shelves. I think those floating shelves are not practical for kitchen because you get less cupboard spaces. and who really want to see dishes from your living space.

Is the address for this building 430 King St W OR 8 Charlotte ?.... The occupancy letter I got stated it was 430 King St w...But from the pics I've seen, it appears there is a bench in front of the building that has 8 Charlotte on it !

Hey Luca,

The address was changed after everyone received their occupancy letters! The address is:

8 Charlotte Street
Toronto, ON
M5V 0k4

Just had my PDI!!!!! Great workmanship.....Only a few minor issues....I was impressed with the building lobby and finishes . This building is a beauty !

Had my PDI too. It went ok. There were some bigger issues in mine but overall I think it went fine. The guys were great. The only thing is that I feel I got ripped off. I have one of the north facing units and apparently any of the north facing ones have a half-wall on the bottom (i.e. not floor to ceiling windows). If I had known that when I bought it, I probably would have gone with another unit. It seems like a major change to me and makes the condo feel smaller. Wish there were some grounds to complain. Feel lucky if you opted for another unit instead of a north facing one.

Had my PDI too. It went ok. There were some bigger issues in mine but overall I think it went fine. The guys were great. The only thing is that I feel I got ripped off. I have one of the north facing units and apparently any of the north facing ones have a half-wall on the bottom (i.e. not floor to ceiling windows). If I had known that when I bought it, I probably would have gone with another unit. It seems like a major change to me and makes the condo feel smaller. Wish there were some grounds to complain. Feel lucky if you opted for another unit instead of a north facing one.

Hey Cadence,

Yeah I noticed that as well from other unit pics on Kijji. I would totally feel ripped off as well .. The floor to ceiling windows make a huge diffrence ! But overall, I'm sure you're unit is awesome ! I'm on the 16th floor, and yes the guys that did my PDI were awesome !

Pdi

Hey Cadence,

Yeah I noticed that as well from other unit pics on Kijji. I would totally feel ripped off as well .. The floor to ceiling windows make a huge diffrence ! But overall, I'm sure you're unit is awesome ! I'm on the 16th floor, and yes the guys that did my PDI were awesome !

To those who have had their PDI's, may I ask how many weeks before occupancy date that you had yours done? At least a month? My occupancy date is end of February and am concerned of a possible conflict with my scheduled vacation in late Jan-early Feb. Who at Great Gulf Homes should I get in touch with to find out PDI date? Thank you!

To those who have had their PDI's, may I ask how many weeks before occupancy date that you had yours done? At least a month? My occupancy date is end of February and am concerned of a possible conflict with my scheduled vacation in late Jan-early Feb. Who at Great Gulf Homes should I get in touch with to find out PDI date? Thank you!

My PDI was November 19...and my move in date is Dec 14.....so the PDI is approx 3 weeks before !

My PDI was November 19...and my move in date is Dec 14.....so the PDI is approx 3 weeks before !

Welcome to the building! If you're moving today, hope it went smoothly! :)

It's nice to finally bump into people living in the building, and/or to see unit lights on from afar.

What do you all think of the giant black planters placed around the building? Every time I walk past them I feel like I'm in "Honey I shrunk the kids" or "Alice in Wonderland", in that I've been shrunk down to the size of a flower pot.

Loving the building...Great finishes and excellent customer service !
Anybody know when "the zone" on the 7th floor is opening up?
I've noticed there seems to be some construction on the retail side of this building....Any idea whats going in ?

Loving the building...Great finishes and excellent customer service !
Anybody know when "the zone" on the 7th floor is opening up?
I've noticed there seems to be some construction on the retail side of this building....Any idea whats going in ?

Hello Charlie residents/owners. Could someone please tell me if the shiny glass backsplash with the paint underneath in the kitchen is a standard feature or an upgrade. If it is an upgrade what was the cost? I attached a pic for your reference.
Charlie Kitchen.jpg

Attachments

• Charlie Kitchen.jpg
    Charlie Kitchen.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 824
Hello Charlie residents/owners. Could someone please tell me if the shiny glass backsplash with the paint underneath in the kitchen is a standard feature or an upgrade. If it is an upgrade what was the cost? I attached a pic for your reference. View attachment 10376

Its an upgrade...I from what I remember , I paid $1300 for it... A little pricey, but love the look !

Back