Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

Any news on this project..... Drove by yesterday...the lobby seems to be almost complete!

Has anyone gone through their PDI? We just did ours and the unit looked great. There was hardly any deficiencies to note - a stark difference from going through the PDI process of where we're living now. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go through the lobby as the elevators weren't operational yet. All in all, very pleased with the finishes, quality of workmanship and the overall layout.

Here are some photos of the unit. Although the kitchen and bathroom appear more 'brown' here, it's just the lighting. The colour scheme is more grey/black. The one thing I'm trying to have them replace is the white outlets on the backsplash and island. I requested that they be black during the finishes selection! Anyway, I will try to add more photos of the unit later this evening :)

kitchen1.png

kitchen2.png

bathroom.png

Nice suite Aiekon!! Love the cabinets and the washroom! Good pick. Im curious...does it feel a lot more spacious with the higher ceiling? Also when do you move in? Just wondering if they are on schedule. Ours is slated for mid December. Thanks for sharing and if you have anymore pictures to show I'd love to see them :)

Thanks for everyone for sharing your pics. Can I also ask those who have done their PDI's what deficiencies they did notice? Will be my first time doing a PDI so any advice on what to look out for will help. Thanks.

Here are some photos of the unit. Although the kitchen and bathroom appear more 'brown' here, it's just the lighting. The colour scheme is more grey/black. The one thing I'm trying to have them replace is the white outlets on the backsplash and island. I requested that they be black during the finishes selection! Anyway, I will try to add more photos of the unit later this evening :)

kitchen1.png

kitchen2.png

bathroom.png

Great pics Aiekon. Your new condo looks great. Question for you? Did you upgrade the kitchen and bathroom or is all that the standard features? If you did choose to upgrade which items did you upgrade?

Great pics Aiekon. Your new condo looks great. Question for you? Did you upgrade the kitchen and bathroom or is all that the standard features? If you did choose to upgrade which items did you upgrade?

Thanks, Schnoober :)

I added a few upgrades to the kitchen. Upgrades include the granite counter top, glass backsplash, "sushi bar" (the white cabinets fronting the island) and a taller/larger fridge. For the bathroom, all the finishes chosen were standard.

Nice suite Aiekon!! Love the cabinets and the washroom! Good pick. Im curious...does it feel a lot more spacious with the higher ceiling? Also when do you move in? Just wondering if they are on schedule. Ours is slated for mid December. Thanks for sharing and if you have anymore pictures to show I'd love to see them :)

Have you had your PDI yet? We're scheduled to move in mid November. Regarding the ceilings, yes, it does make a difference! Our place now has 8 foot ceilings and the additional height really does make a difference. I just wish that they extended the kitchen cabinets right up to the ceiling!

Thanks for everyone for sharing your pics. Can I also ask those who have done their PDI's what deficiencies they did notice? Will be my first time doing a PDI so any advice on what to look out for will help. Thanks.

There weren't many deficiencies! The inspector brought along stickers, a night-light and tape and went around making sure that all scuffs/scratches were marked, that all outlets worked, that appliances and such were working properly, etc. I would bring along the papers showing what finishes you chose to compare what you actually have in your unit. Other than that take a lot of pics to document how things looked prior to moving in. You also have a month to take note of any deficiencies that you missed during the inspection. So, I wouldn't worry too much.

Great Gulf Homes have recently launched X Condos, X2 condos, Charlie Condos, One Bloor, Pace Condos, and Monde Condos.

kitchen1.png

kitchen2.png

bathroom.png

Hi Aiekon. In the Charlie model suite, I noticed that the kitchen had those open book shelves like cabinets hanging in the kitchen wall. Are those shelves from the model suite considered to be upgrades because I noticed in your pics that those open shelves are not present but instead replaced with regular kitchen cabinets. Would you or anyone who bought at Charlie let me know. Thanks.

I remember seeing some kind of long deep corian pan that could be used as a planter or an ice bucket. It was shown in the model suite holding bottled drinks. That was an option.

Back