News   Apr 25, 2024
 370     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Blue Jays

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/twitter-reaction-blue-jays-fans-flip-coghlans-daring-dive/
I am quite surprised that the reaction has yet to be posted on this forum, considering how much attention it is drawing on social media.
https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/857082588497928192
Let's get the opinions going!

Also, I saw something that simply screams "bird's tail" on Molina's back, and I assumed that it was a decoration considering his team name.

TI

Last edited:
Osuna now 1 for 4 in save opportunities. It's early, and he didn't log many innings during Spring Training/WBC, but when does this become a problem?

I can't help but think the Jays are done. Hard to see them coming back from this start. They'll have to play at about a .600 clip, at the very least, to have a shot at the postseason.

Not sure how this could possibly be a rebuilding year....they will either bounce back or not.....but there is not much (any?) rebuilding that can be done within this year.

Rebuilding in that they'd be selling off their older players/ones near free agency for prospects.

That includes Estrada, Happ, Donaldson, etc.

Given their record at the moment, I wouldn't be shocked if this starts happening by June.

Rebuilding in that they'd be selling off their older players/ones near free agency for prospects.

That includes Estrada, Happ, Donaldson, etc.

Given their record at the moment, I wouldn't be shocked if this starts happening by June.
They just don't have that many that fit that category....those might be the only 3 and, to be truthful, not sure what their market value would be. This, to me, was a year where it was "win or bust"....a bridge year where if everything went right they could repeat the last two years' successes while, essentially, giving the farm 1 more year to build up some prospects after it was totally depeleted by AA's roll of the dice in 2015.

Obviously, in the early days, they are far from "everything" going right....and it is looking more like it going bust than being a "win"....but, it is still only April and lots of baseball left to play.

They just don't have that many that fit that category....those might be the only 3 and, to be truthful, not sure what their market value would be. This, to me, was a year where it was "win or bust"....a bridge year where if everything went right they could repeat the last two years' successes while, essentially, giving the farm 1 more year to build up some prospects after it was totally depeleted by AA's roll of the dice in 2015.

Obviously, in the early days, they are far from "everything" going right....and it is looking more like it going bust than being a "win"....but, it is still only April and lots of baseball left to play.

There's lot of baseball left to play, but they'd have to go on a historic run to make the playoffs. If they're still losing at the same rate in the next week or two management will probably call the season.

The other issue is that they're a very old team, and the farm isn't terribly deep. There are some good prospects, but if they don't start the process this year it's going to be a very long road ahead to get them back to contention.

Donaldson has a year left on his deal and could possibly net at least one or two elite level prospects, near MLB ready (or closer than the prospects they currently have).

Estrada would be valuable as a rental, and Happ has another year left on his deal and should get a good return.

Liriano and Bautista should be able to garner something, though it's not likely to be significant (for Bautista, anyways, assuming he bounces back).

Martin and Tulo may have some value if the Jays are willing to eat a lot of salary.

just curious....why do you care about $1.25MM going down the drain?

I was pointing out Salty cost the Jays double what Thole cost the jays. Thole couldn't hit a beach ball, but he was good at pitch framing. Salty's framing was off this season.

Back