News   Apr 26, 2024
 267     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 279     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 467     0 

Blue Jays

The Jays just aren't the same without Edwing.

Too bad Edwing signed with Cleveland, who won as often as they lost so far this year.

Edwing would have made a huge difference. We miss his famous parrot walk.
This statement isn't based on any facts or even observations. It's pretty clear that after Cleveland shut our hitters down with lots of key breaking balls in the ALCS, every other pitching staff in the league has caught on. How would Edwin Encarnacion's absence account for other hitters on our team struggling?

Morales has been good. It's typical Jays, everyone trying to be the hero, focussing on the long ball rather than just getting on base. And Gibby leaving pitchers in too long.

The Jays' slump continues...

Eventually, fairweather bandwagoners would disappear.

My workplace associates went to the Jays opener ... paid scalpers 2 x $ 120 for $ 70 seats ( 25 rows behind third base ). With 2 beers ( $ 20 ) and 2 snacks ( $ 20 ), that's close to $ 300 ( not including parking ).

If Jays continue to slump, I can see 20,000 average attendance.

My workplace associates went to the Jays opener ... paid scalpers 2 x $ 120 for $ 70 seats ( 25 rows behind third base ). With 2 beers ( $ 20 ) and 2 snacks ( $ 20 ), that's close to $ 300 ( not including parking ).

If Jays continue to slump, I can see 20,000 average attendance.
I would make any bet that you will never see 20k average attendance. I think the combination of season seats and pre-sold individual game seats and group sales has them over the 2 million mark for the season..that alone is over 20k average.

btw...they won today so they are 2-9 for the season.

I would make any bet that you will never see 20k average attendance. I think the combination of season seats and pre-sold individual game seats and group sales has them over the 2 million mark for the season..that alone is over 20k average.

btw...they won today so they are 2-9 for the season.
It's great the Jays won.

However, they are at the bottom of the standings for all MLB teams so far this year, lower than the 3-8 Seattle Mariners.

It's great the Jays won.

However, they are at the bottom of the standings for all MLB teams so far this year, lower than the 3-8 Seattle Mariners.
Baseball is not my favourite sport....but I do know one thing about the game....it is based on a large sample size and there is a reason why they play 162 games a season.

Jays roughed up in the final match this series against the Orioles. Happ and Sanchez also injured now. Baseball may be a long season, but there's no doubt that concerns are continuing to pile up for this team.

Back