News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 522     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Bloordale Village

I've seen a ton of change around Dufferin in the past decade, but Lansdowne looks its same shabby self it always was.

Wow, look who's gotten all swanky now. I didn't think it would be possible to "class" this place up. Very cool door. (And interestingly, in the couple of minutes I stood here taking pics -- 5 separate customers walked in. I had no idea it was so popular.)

Yes, the House of Lancaster has been spiffed up.

And Councillor Giambrone's latest newsletter confirms that the Mercer Union Gallery is moving into the building at Bloor and St. Clarens. This is great news!

Wow, look who's gotten all swanky now. I didn't think it would be possible to "class" this place up. Very cool door. (And interestingly, in the couple of minutes I stood here taking pics -- 5 separate customers walked in. I had no idea it was so popular.)

Should one at least try to refrain from snorting when using the word "gentlemen" with respect to this establishment?

Apparently, the HoL boss is pretty heavily involved in BIA-ish activity, so for him to improve his premises isn't surprising. (I think it's a similar situation w/the Zanzibar on Yonge.)

Does anyone have any info on the banners that were added to the blue light posts recently? They are very creative, definitely not the typical banners you see in most neighbourhoods.

I'm thinking local artists probably.

Thanks vic! Should have known. The banners are great and Dyan Marie continues to impress me with her community/arts work.

Although I hate posting 'any updated photos' requests, since I am still out of town I have no choice. So, are there any updates on the addition to the Bloor/Gladstone Library?

The project is chugging along. The building is closed in now, the glass on the addition looks great, as does the limestone cladding at the base. No doubt there is still lots to do inside. The staff at the Palmerston branch told me they are targeting spring for re-opening. I will try to post some photos if I can find the time.

Rumour has it Brockton Stadium will be geting a facelift in spring 2009 installing new generation Field-Turf and eventually a temporary winter dome for 4 months.Sporting Toronto Soccer Clubs clubhouse will also be operating out of this location.Many adult and youth teams will be using Brockton as their summer 2009 home field.

They call the area run down etc. which it is and even cited population decline from stats Can as proof of how bad it is. This is exactly opposite of why the population declined. Population decline occured because of massive gentrification in the adjacent residential side streets.

Calling it "massive" gentrification seems a bit of a stretch.

Bloor/Gladstone Renovation

3218465209_cc72857187.jpg

Thanks to Himy Syed on Flickr

Back