News   May 17, 2024
 3K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Links of London moving in! That's exciting...I guess at this point anything is possible for this neighbourhood :)

Looks like Puma is gone. And La Societe is opening (at the Colonnade) in a few weeks!

Last edited:
^^It's that final push that I predicted years ago. The midmarket retailers are getting squeezed out as couture labels take over their leases.

By the by, it is LV going into 150 Bloor. At least half of it, so I'm expecting one hell of a shop (given their facade treatments at other flagships). I wonder what will happen to the Victorian carcass they currently lease?

Source: http://www.avisonyoung.com/library/pdf/Toronto-Lease/23_St_Thomas_Flyer.pdf

Look for the map and zoom into 150 Bloor.

^^It's that final push that I predicted years ago. The midmarket retailers are getting squeezed out as couture labels take over their leases.

By the by, it is LV going into 150 Bloor. At least half of it, so I'm expecting one hell of a shop (given their facade treatments at other flagships). I wonder what will happen to the Victorian carcass they currently lease?

Source: http://www.avisonyoung.com/library/pdf/Toronto-Lease/23_St_Thomas_Flyer.pdf

Look for the map and zoom into 150 Bloor.

I guess that was expected. The Victorian stand-alone would make a great Donna Karan shop - if memory serves me correctly, she was looking for a large space on Bloor. It won't remain vacant for long, that's for sure.

Michael Kors is going where Max Mara was, which is moving into the Noir spot

The vacancy in the Prince Arthur condo's has also been leased.

Michael Kors is going where Max Mara was, which is moving into the Noir spot

The vacancy in the Prince Arthur condo's has also been leased.

Any idea what's going there? Also, any news in the old Marciano spot?

the new MAC has opened, and work seems to already be under way in its former space...I asked the crew if they knew what was going in but they had no idea. Links of London would be rad though. Also, hoarding has gone up finally on the new Intermix and Michael Kors locations. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the retail space on St. Thomas beside M0851 has been leased, as well as the space on Avenue where Walter Steiger used to be.

La Societe is opening on June 15 at the former Dynasty location.

^ This patio at the Colonnade just popped up and I'm guessing it's connected to the grand opening. I don't know if it's temporary or permanent but it's a great spot for a patio. I hope it says.

societe.jpg

They sure could've done a better job with that patio! Better tables and chairs, better, nicer railings! Don't like it so far! We'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this Bloor Street activity and presentation prep - La Societe patio (to capitalize on visitors), installing hoarding for new Intermix / Michael Kors stores (to showcase and promote brand) - has to do with coinciding with the June 19th Bloor Street party celebrating the new make-over....

Back