1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 271     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 794     0 

Black Lives Matter Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's an original NYT op-ed written by someone they are funding through a fellowship. So the NYT is the point of origin.

Right you are, I was was trying to make another point but SNAFU'd my intent. My point was rather that just don't consider who said something last and pass judgement but to weigh the statement on it's own merits, and it's origins.

(I tried posting this last night but something fouled up and my replay disappeared, probably from my end, sorry.)

Last edited:
It's the disparity of air pollution sufferers that is a giggle.

If they decided that air pollution will now their latest grievance, then shouldn't they should be more angry at all the freeways that were rammed through their neighbourhoods?

I know it's the Toronto Sun... but conflict of interest anyone?

York University student union donations to Black Lives Matter ignites controversy

A founding member of Black Lives Matter — Toronto is facing conflict-of-interest allegations after the York Federation of Students donated thousands of dollars to the activist group.

Alexandria Williams, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter — Toronto (BLM), is also Vice-President Equity for York University’s student union.

During her tenure on the executive, the York Federation of Students (YFS) made two donations to BLM, totalling $7500.

Williams moved the resolution that triggered the second donation.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/09/1...ion-to-black-lives-matter-ignites-controversy

Ties into how Sandra Hudson billed hundreds of hours of overtime (resulting in a grand total of a quarter of a million dollars paid out) to the U of T student union as well.

http://www.vox.com/2016/8/16/12495778/sylville-smith-milwaukee-police-shooting

Really, really good explainer on the Milwaukee situation. I'm still sticking with the Ferguson example until proven otherwise. I wonder if we'll see any footage (police cams or bystanders) of this takedown.

Also -- Vox' numbers on the racial breakdown of police killings is horrifying.
Seriously? You're using Vox as your source? That news source, if you could call it that, makes the Toronto Sun look like first rate journalism.

Starting them young to be...

See link.

Five Lessons A 10-Year-Old Learned From Black Lives Matters’ Freedom School
Respecting Blackness and understanding systemic racism were among lessons learned at the summer camp.
Learning nationalism, tribalism and athoritarianism can be fun too.

Starting them young to be...

See link.

Five Lessons A 10-Year-Old Learned From Black Lives Matters’ Freedom School
Respecting Blackness and understanding systemic racism were among lessons learned at the summer camp.

C'mon, WK. That's an inoffensive article about a progressive day camp with great lunches. What would were you expecting?

When you send your kid to the Jewish summer camp, or the Athletics summer camp, or the Christian summer camp, or the all-white-boys-go-canoeing summer camp, how is that different? (Other that your distaste of BLM, of course.)

Over 500 murders in Chicago so far this year, mostly black on black - where is the outrage from black lives matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back