News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 971     1 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

May 25

From the TD Centre
2528090787_02a51c5bb9_b.jpg

2528090801_ac8d4092d3_b.jpg

From New City Hall
2528090813_65ae141d2f_b.jpg

2528090831_baf899eac7_b.jpg

2528090845_00a055d5ef_b.jpg

Great shots current.

No idea if there is any new info in this shot (beyond core narrowing) but time is running out from this pov so here's one more.

Those of you who know me, know I'm actually photographing ScotiaPlaza... perhaps the world's finest "pomo" skyscraper even to this day. Sorry Cal.

pomo.jpg

There is no doubt this building will be sweet. And I've never seen curtainwall glass as nice as this anywhere in Toronto, ever. At least not on an office building.

This is sweet.

^^Umm, maybe you want to PM Cal next time about lickin' stuff... :p

Nonetheless, from the angle shown, which I too had the pleasure of seeing on Sunday at Doors Open, I would imagine that roughly where the crane ends, is about where we can approximate the height of the building to be +/- a couple floors..

3D: I am sure you could whip up a quick photoshopped image of that...no?

p5

^^Umm, maybe you want to PM Cal next time about lickin' stuff... :p

Nonetheless, from the angle shown, which I too had the pleasure of seeing on Sunday at Doors Open, I would imagine that roughly where the crane ends, is about where we can approximate the height of the building to be +/- a couple floors..

3D: I am sure you could whip up a quick photoshopped image of that...no?

p5

He already did:

badone.jpg

This one has completely flown under my radar, I'm not really one for counting floor heights etc., however I'm really liking how it's turning out. A great surprise!!

Looking at the pictures above though I'm so amazed at the utter boxiness of the CBD. I know, I know, it's been mentioned before, but good lord this area is just begging for one major tall building with setbacks or something interesting at the apex. Fortunately or unfortunately Toronto's building booms have both occurred in modernist/minimalist times (read: square boxes). Scotiabank is amazing, and thank god for its pomo-ness as it does redeem somewhat our anal retentive skyline, but this is a plea for the other buildings of the BA Centre: another pretty box will be totally fine but take a chance!! The location is perfect, the context is right, the opportunity is there...

Some can probably accommodate helicopters (the hospitals can), but there does not seem to be a huge demand for this.

Yeah, earthquakes aren't a huge issue here. I think there's a helipad on the office building at university & richmond, but it's not exactly a skycraper.

Helicopter pads on the roofs could look neat on some of the towers- although, I have been told by geologists that our region is actually quite prone to minor quakes, and that it is not inevitable that a big one could happen. A few years ago there was a minor quake which hit Toronto - it was enough to shake me out of my sleep and make me think a tank drove past my window.

p5

Back