News   May 17, 2024
 2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Christmas Eve... looks finished with the low cloud cover, despite plywood panels in place of the broken glass.

3134550964_16793c6d77_b.jpg

3133728795_516f840f4d_b.jpg

3134550428_c8e4db2b9e_b.jpg

Last edited:
Such a shame the fins weren't more substantial. It would have been a nice touch to a simple design.

FCP would be a fine looking building if they just re-clad the damn thing with white granite. B/A's cheesy fins don't add anything, and unless they do something creative with them (lighting) they just detract overall. Of course, I also wish they'd increased the height as it still looks a little stumpy overall.

I find them to be too modest to be "cheesy"; but too modest to detract, either. Basically, that may be their core flaw: "too modest". Hey, it's only icing atop a flat-topped box...

^ Hard to make changes now that the tower is almost complete, but you do have a point. I think the curtain wall now, with the horizontal bands of panels, overemphasize the horizontal, when in fact it probably should have emphasized the vertical.

Very few of Toronto's tallest buildings do a good job at that. Scotia Plaza is the big exception I could think of.

Back