News   May 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 366     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 368     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

But still Cadillac Fairview had an inside track on the lead, how could they lose it? I mean their obviously an existing client, why not offer them insentivies to rent in your new building, irregardless of cost?

that doesn't make much sense in this market

Maybe Faskens wants more space than is available in TD? Money isn't always the reason to move, especially when you consider the huge cost of moving a large law firm. A firm wouldn't spend that kind of money unless they absolutely had too. Query also if Faskens has a client that is moving to the BAC.

I'm not very impressed with Cadillac-Fairview right now. None of the washrooms in the Eaton Centre had any soap in the dispensers.. not even the one hidden upstairs at Indigo. :mad:

Geeze, how many times did you need to visit a washroom? Buy some depends next time and avoid yourself the agro.

Maybe Faskens wants more space than is available in TD? Money isn't always the reason to move, especially when you consider the huge cost of moving a large law firm. A firm wouldn't spend that kind of money unless they absolutely had too. Query also if Faskens has a client that is moving to the BAC.

Yeah, you make good points. I'm just looking at it from a sales perspective. But sometimes the big boss has his mind made up and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Can anyone find out if they'll be moving from the TD center? or is this extra office space.

I'm pretty sure that the Globe said it was a move, and given the square footage, it seems to be to be additional space. Also, law firms don't want two offices two blocks apart. They want quick access to each other. I'd bet that's why this lease got signed now, so the interal staircase linking the firm's floors can be built in, not jackhammered out later on.

^Man I wish the webcam was still online. This is precisely the time when it would have been most interesting to watch -- from the start of steel framing to the rise of the concrete core to the top of the webcam frame.

Update from today. This thing is a monster in person. I heard people talking about how amazed they are by the size of the core alone.

img3983vu5.jpg

img3984ax7.jpg

img3986tx1.jpg

img3988kn1.jpg

img3993ik5.jpg

img3995kk9.jpg

Tiny CBD?

Tiny? Tell me when you can see it when looking at the skyline from the Toronto Islands. If it is as "tiny" as you say then it should be any day now. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think Toronto is at least 5th in North American in office space. The GTA and surrounding area has more office space than the rest of the county combined.

^LOL The FD is compact but 'tiny' isn't the best way to describe it by any means.

Strange that they would stop the webcam just as things are getting interesting.

Back