News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 874     0 

Avonshire (Yonge/401, Tridel/K&G, 14 + 21 + 3x 22s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Was driving down Sheppard yesterday. A pretty cool skyline is starting to appear when standing east of Leslie looking west. The buildings suck, like these ones, but the massing is looking good. The Baghai buildings are starting to impact. Once Concord starts this area will signifcantly change.

And getting back to topic these one suck just like those between Leslie and Bayview.

So sad that this is what passes for a neighbourhood these days.

aerial1_640.jpg

We all have to admit, that this is pure jaw dropping, awe inspiring banality. Truly remarkable! Truly noteworthy! And, along the 401, so that people driving though the city can have a good 'look-see' and wrongly think that this mass of banality is our downtown...

Just look at it! Someone thought, "This is a good idea..." Remarkable!

It really is a shame that we'll have to see these squat, bulbous little wretches every time we're on the 401.

I'm still not quite sure why the tallest buildings along the Sheppard zone are invariably placed the farthest away from the subway stations.

Also, seeing these pictures of the old York and North York skylines reminds me that at the current rate of McMansionization and price increases, there soon won't be a single house along the Yonge corridor worth less than $1 million...

I'm still not quite sure why the tallest buildings along the Sheppard zone are invariably placed the farthest away from the subway stations.

City of Toronto Planning Department requirements designed to appease existing residents in the surrounding community.

These structures are almost closer to the initially proposed Willowdale subway station on the Sheppard line then the Sheppard-Yonge Station. Too bad that station was eliminated.

I had heard that one of these towers was planned to be a rental building, not sure if that is still the case, but it would be good to increase the rental stock in the area. Despite the design these should be very 'green' buildings given Tridel's very strong track record on green communities recently. The 401 is slowly developing a 'condo canyon' - at least on the north side of the highway.

That's still not a far walk to the subway. If I had been in charge there would be a Willowdale stop and that node would have included higher density. And the whole area from Sheppard to the 401 would be higher density.

But no one from Avonshire would use the Willowdale stop when you're one or two minutes closer to Sheppard station and already on the Yonge line.

Now, if the whole area from Senlac to Willowdale had been redeveloped, then a Willowdale stop would be well-used.

I would knock out walls between the bedrooms to create one bigger bedroom and have the third bedroom as a WIC. Also note the huge "dead" space from the upstairs hallway--perhaps use that as a "walk through closet?" One bigger bathroom on each floor is enough--unless each floor is 1000 square feet. Who buys this junk?

Hard to believe that with a mortgage this $750,000 (overpriced imho) will cost the buyer $2.22 million plus! Nuts.

you must have a different lifestyle than most. I can't think of anyone buying a condo/home and have to share the master bedroom bathroom with visitors. I guess with a one bedroom it necessary but anything above that and you might as well live in a trailer park (which seems to suit your lifestyle...if you ever move out of your parents place).

Tridelwebmaster: we love the info, but you're crossing the line into Real Estate subforum type content when you post floorplans and prices. In the future, please find or create a thread in the Real Estate subforum for such posts. Thanks!

I had heard that one of these towers was planned to be a rental building, not sure if that is still the case, but it would be good to increase the rental stock in the area. Despite the design these should be very 'green' buildings given Tridel's very strong track record on green communities recently. The 401 is slowly developing a 'condo canyon' - at least on the north side of the highway.

Mike you are correct, of the 5 residential towers being proposed at Avonshire, one tower will be a rental building (addressed as 105 Harrison Garden Blvd), shown as the building located at the middle left in the below community masterplan.

masterplan_640.jpg

As part of the development planning approval process, due to the site currently containing a series rental walk-up apartments, Tridel was required to provide replacement rental units to satisfy City of Toronto's Official Plan policies on rental units protection, together with tenant relocation packages

There's not a chance in hell those buildings will become ghettos. Hate the designs. And good luck if you drive getting out onto Yonge during rush hour.

The way things are going here why doesn't the city just rezone everything south of Sheppard east of Yonge to Willowdale. Could create a nice urban zone here.

Back