News   Mar 18, 2024
 836     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.8K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 790     0 

Apple Store

My MacBook Pro with Retina Display is nearing its third anniversary. However, I am planning to buy a new one next year when Apple releases a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display. I will sell my current one (and have its battery replaced).

It has some image retention, but not enough for Apple to replace it.

Otherwise, I am enjoying my MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Your Mac might be able to be replaced under this MacBook Pro replacement program for screen issues http://www.apple.com/ca/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

There's not enough information in that story to give me any confidence that the author has a full grasp of the situation, and yes, the lack of any mention of the Eaton Centre move also speaks to an incomplete command of what's going on here…

but then that's what rumours are.

Small update: one Apple Store Genius thinks that Apple will keep their original Eaton Centre store as a mini store or a Genius Bar (ie service location) in addition to their new location.

Employees now seem to have some knowledge about upcoming changes as they're already discussing which employees get to go to the new store and who stays behind at the existing location.

Small update: one Apple Store Genius thinks that Apple will keep their original Eaton Centre store as a mini store or a Genius Bar (ie service location) in addition to their new location.

Employees now seem to have some knowledge about upcoming changes as they're already discussing which employees get to go to the new store and who stays behind at the existing location.

That doesn't sound very Apple-ly.

I bet that the people at MacRumors would laugh their heads off upon learning about a mini-Apple Store or a Genius Bar-only location alongside a proper Apple store in another part of the Eaton Centre in both cases.

This seems like wrong information.

The current retail strategy is focused on the "top 100"
During her first six months on the job, Ahrendts asked her team to study which cities would be the top 100 most populated by 2025. "If we’re going to do 10-year leases," she said," that’s what we want to invest in." Unsurprisingly, 20 of the top 100 cities in the next decade will likely be located in China.
source

Has Apple ever done a service only location? Nope. Why would they start now?

That is pure fantasy speculation. Honestly, you shouldn't listen to speculation from retail employees.

Apple has had mini stores in malls before. If I recall correctly, that's even what they called them.

1305499278_ministore_2.jpg

Back