News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 288     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 813     0 

Apple Store

The very concept of a (very busy) computer store has become a bit quaint, has it not? I have used and managed PCs (all purchased online) in my business for 20 years and have never felt the need to go to a store to consult anyone about them. I have had hardware issues, but those have been handled through the next business day onsite service warranty I always buy. And I haven't required any help with our Android devices either. I suppose I have been lucky.

See here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1800503

Apple will open its 17th Apple Store location this Thursday. Florida has approximately 19.5 million people.

Apple opened up its 16th Apple Store in Florida last year.

The newest Apple Store to open in Ontario is in Markville, which is Apple's 12th in Ontario, opened on the same day as Florida's 16th.

See here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1613421

Floridians whine about their Apple Stores being crowded as well, much more so than us Torontonians.

We need to out-whine the Floridians, so that we can get more Apple Stores.

I may not be an early adopter of this technology, but for the first time earlier on Sunday I scanned a barcode on a product at the Apple Store with my Apple Store app, paid for the item by filling in 3 numbers on my iPhone, then walked out of the store with the item. Gotta say, especially when the store is such a zoo and the staff are busy, that's pretty cool.

Apple will open its 17th Apple Store location this Thursday. Florida has approximately 19.5 million people.

The newest Apple Store to open in Ontario is in Markville, which is Apple's 12th in Ontario, opened on the same day as Florida's 16th.

Floridians whine about their Apple Stores being crowded as well, much more so than us Torontonians.

We were in South Beach during Art Basel and we were walking along and saw a huge lineup....assumed it was some gallery doing an exhibit of some kind so made our way over...it was just the Apple Store!

By your logic we have the same stores per capita.

They got rid of the cash registers but during Christmas it turns out it's not a good idea. Middle aged dads are wandering aimlessly trying to pay for a Christmas gift for the kids and they're directed to the iPod table where they have to snake around people looking at iPods to line up for an Apple employee ringing up sales in a corner of the table. What a terrible set up.

They got rid of the cash registers but during Christmas it turns out it's not a good idea. Middle aged dads are wandering aimlessly trying to pay for a Christmas gift for the kids and they're directed to the iPod table where they have to snake around people looking at iPods to line up for an Apple employee ringing up sales in a corner of the table. What a terrible set up.

As one of those middle aged dad's ....did some shopping there last night and think the way they do cash outs is superior to lining up at one point in the store...spreads the lineups out....not hard to tell which of the 20 year olds are working and which are shopping....and given the crowds in the store I sure got out of there much faster than any other store I shopped in last night.

An acquaintance who works in the construction industry claims that a new Apple Store will be built in The One at 1 Bloor West and not One Bloor East under construction now. Not sure if this is correct, just reporting what I was told. He supposedly has inside information.

An acquaintance who works in the construction industry claims that a new Apple Store will be built in The One at 1 Bloor West and not One Bloor East under construction now. Not sure if this is correct, just reporting what I was told. He supposedly has inside information.

It would make sense - Foster is designing the project and Apple has, to put it mildly, a working relationship with them. Definitely something to look forward to.

AoD

It would make sense - Foster is designing the project and Apple has, to put it mildly, a working relationship with them. Definitely something to look forward to.

AoD
I hope this turns out to be true. Soon enough, MacRumors would have the details on this upcoming development.

Not just that, but I wish it were to open in time for the Pan Am games.

Who knows, maybe the Union Station Apple Store will be open for in time for the Pan Ams. (I'd be surprised though. Not so sure they'll be in the first section to open.)

I think we can start to piece together the small hints with the bigger ones. Today at the Apple Store, one cash register wouldn't open and they had to bang the table to get it to open. I overheard employees talking about how they won't be there long anyway. That got me thinking about some very un-Apple like patch up jobs on broken things I've noticed around the store. They're holding back on replacements or big renovations in the existing store because they're going to have a brand new one soon.

Given that Apple has probably the highest volume of sales per square foot at the Eaton Centre, it's not hard to imagine that they'll go in the shiny new renovation with Yonge. St. frontage. They did it at Yorkdale and almost certainly will do it at Eaton Centre. Nordstrom isn't occupying the entire former Sears space and as I've mentioned in the Nordstrom thread, there's a large 2 story space being developed by a very secretive tenant. The few 2 story stores sharing Yonge St. frontage with Nordstrom are clearly going to high profile, deep pocketed retailers.

I think we can call this case closed. There will soon be a 2 story Apple Store at the Eaton Centre. Finally.

Opening a new much larger store in the Eaton Centre will have a new temporizing effect while we wait to see what other locations downtown are planned. It will help the wait until one at Yonge and Bloor opens since it would be such a long time until one could possibly open at 1 Bloor West.

I am looking forward to the relocated Apple Store in the Eaton Centre. The Apple Store would just move to the other end of the mall.

It would probably be done in time for both the Pan Am Games and for the release of the Apple Watch and/or the 12" MacBook Air with Retina Display.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the relocated Apple Store in the Eaton Centre. The Apple Store would just move to the other end of the mall.

It would probably be done in time for both the Pan Am Games and for the release of the Apple Watch and/or the 12" MacBook Air with Retina Display.

Perhaps if the rumours are correct. It's being speculated that the Apple Watch will be released in March in the US and then in the Fall worldwide.

Back