News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 604     0 

Apple Store

I think it was just busy through September because it was back to school season. They are always much busier during that time. Things seem to have improved quite a bit this month. I just looked for an appointment and there are plenty available this week:

Capture.JPG

There are actually more spots available at the Eaton Centre location than there are at any other location in the GTA.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
Thanks to this thread i will never buy an apple product! I have never waited more than a day or two to get my laptop fixed in my entire life. I need a laptop for work. I can't imagine being a week without it!

Last edited:
No appointments until Monday next week.

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 2.15.59 PM.png

I guess Apple has become a victim of its own success. When Apple Stores first opened at a time when Apple users were a fringe group, you could walk into an Apple Store and get help right away. Several times, I walked out with a brand new Mac or iPod. Service was supremely amazing. There was nothing like it.

I've Tweeted and emailed Angela Ahrendts and Tim Cook.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 2.15.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 2.15.59 PM.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 665
Thanks to this thread i will never buy an apple product! I have never waited more than a day or two to get my laptop fixed in my entire life. I need a laptop for work. I can't imagine being a week without it!

You don't need to get to send it in at an Apple store to get it repaired in the first place - and one reason for buying a Mac is the reduced likelihood of problems.

AoD

You don't need to get to send it in at an Apple store to get it repaired in the first place - and one reason for buying a Mac is the reduced likelihood of problems.

AoD
So true. I've owned Apple since 1984 (yup, I'm old) and have been to a Genius Bar exactly three times -- twice because I drowned my phone which was my own fault. Any non-hardware issues I've been able to solve myself thanks to online support forums and my Google skills.

Ive had my Macbook since 2008 and have not visited the Apple store a single time for it, as I have never had a problem with it. (Only been there for Iphone issues, and never had to wait more than a day)

I don't regret going with Apple at all because:
1) I have needed support far less than I ever did when I swore by PC
2) When I have had issues with my phone (twice now), I was simply handed a replacement and sent on my way

So true. I've owned Apple since 1984 (yup, I'm old) and have been to a Genius Bar exactly three times -- twice because I drowned my phone which was my own fault. Any non-hardware issues I've been able to solve myself thanks to online support forums and my Google skills.

But of course the flip side of the coin is that if it breaks, it *really* breaks.

In any event, as a Apple and PC user the rationale behind getting either is clear - for mobile computing I'd rather my devices just work with a minimum of fuzz (and Windows *anything* is usually the antithesis of that). For desktop, I want to be able to mess around with the innards, and PC rules in that regard.

AoD

I don't do innards :)

I've used PC as well (thanks to my work requirements) and had the blue screen of death on more than one occasion and quite a few repairs, although unless it's terminal or close to it, I can usually fix things myself.

Definitely far less issues with my Apple products, but yes, when they die, they die. Fortunately, they tend to have a long life. I usually change them because I want to, not because I have to.

Which store are you looking at? I see many appointments at the Eaton Centre still available Thursday and Friday of this week.

Appointments are different for Macs than they are for iPhones. iPhones usually result in a straight out replacement. Macs are often more involved troubleshooting. In essence, when I buy an Apple product, I buy the excellent aftermarket support. That no longer exists in Toronto because they haven't kept up with their growth here.

I use a MacBook Pro with Retina Display since February 2013. I haven't regretted using it. It is still working extremely well.

With regards to Genius Bar appointments, Mac appointments are often booked out completely in the Greater Toronto Area.

That is what happens when Mac is becoming extremely popular in the Greater Toronto Area. Demand (especially given how quickly the Greater Toronto Area is growing) just can't keep up with the supply. There is well more than enough room for two more downtown.

Having a Mac serviced is much better than having a Windows computer serviced. Why? Apple designs their hardware and their software completely integrated together, while Windows computers often have millions of different configurations, making servicing much more complex. Customer service for Windows computers generally involves some person in India (or Pakistan or the Philippines) reading a manual.

All official Apple Stores around the world can check one's Apple product.

Ive had my Macbook since 2008 and have not visited the Apple store a single time for it, as I have never had a problem with it. (Only been there for Iphone issues, and never had to wait more than a day)

I don't regret going with Apple at all because:
1) I have needed support far less than I ever did when I swore by PC
2) When I have had issues with my phone (twice now), I was simply handed a replacement and sent on my way

I use a MacBook Pro with Retina Display since February 2013. I haven't regretted using it. It is still working extremely well.

With regards to Genius Bar appointments, Mac appointments are often booked out completely in the Greater Toronto Area.

That is what happens when Mac is becoming extremely popular in the Greater Toronto Area. Demand (especially given how quickly the Greater Toronto Area is growing) just can't keep up with the supply. There is well more than enough room for two more downtown.

Having a Mac serviced is much better than having a Windows computer serviced. Why? Apple designs their hardware and their software completely integrated together, while Windows computers often have millions of different configurations, making servicing much more complex. Customer service for Windows computers generally involves some person in India (or Pakistan or the Philippines) reading a manual.

All official Apple Stores around the world can check one's Apple product.

I think most Mac users have no idea how reliable the average PC really is now a days. I have 2 PC's running 12 hours a day for the last 5 years, and I have not had one single crash. A program can crash or error on rare occasion, but the OS never crashes. Even if they did crash tomorrow, they are cheap to replace. My one my PC is refurbished and cost me all of $200. I think a lot of Mac users are people who moved from Windows 95/98/2000 or perhaps XP to Macs and don't realize how stable Windows has been for the last 10 years

I think most Mac users have no idea how reliable the average PC really is now a days. I have 2 PC's running 12 hours a day for the last 5 years, and I have not had one single crash. A program can crash or error on rare occasion, but the OS never crashes. Even if they did crash tomorrow, they are cheap to replace. My one my PC is refurbished and cost me all of $200. I think a lot of Mac users are people who moved from Windows 95/98/2000 or perhaps XP to Macs and don't realize how stable Windows has been for the last 10 years

I use PC at work, so not out of touch with newer PC's. I still prefer my mac.

Back