News   May 09, 2024
 465     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 792     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 538     0 

Anyone see your incumbent councilor out campaigning?

MindMe

Member Bio
Reaction score
Normally a provincial or federal election, the candidates are usually out pressing the flesh in the morning outside your local subway station. I've not seen my city councilor John Filion bothering to get his ass out onto the streets of North York to meet the people he assumes will drone like return him to office.

Is your incumbent as assuming?

Nope, i live in ward 17 and have seen nobody on my street. got one flyer.

Funny though, i got a call from Smitherman's campaign office asking me if i was a decided or undecided voter. when i told them i was undecided, they said thanks and hung up.

Last edited:
Normally a provincial or federal election, the candidates are usually out pressing the flesh in the morning outside your local subway station. I've not seen my city councilor John Filion bothering to get his ass out onto the streets of North York to meet the people he assumes will drone like return him to office.

Dusan Kralik is running against Fillion... My understanding is he's fully canvassing and can use any and all help.

http://www.kralik2010.ca/

Seen Joel Dick, Kirstyn Wong-Tam, Enza Anderson, and Ken Chan on my way to work so far.

Last edited:
Dusan Kralik is running against Fillion... My understanding is he's fully canvassing and can use any and all help.

http://www.kralik2010.ca/

That's not a ward that I'm following in any way, but I checked out his website. There's absolutely no useful platform information posted. Just a few very generic points that pretty much every candidate says:

Advocate transparency of our city budget and eliminate unnecessary expenses
Establish multi-sport and cultural community centres to promote a healthy, active lifestyle and bring our community together
Improve and expand our public transit system
Promote and support local businesses

...and a bunch of stuff about hockey. I've never heard of the guy, but people should vote for him because he has a fuzzy old picture with Wayne Gretzky?

I live in Ward 27 and have had three candidates come to my door (I live in a large high-rise), I'm sure they wish they hadn't as I have a bevy of questions for them on what their stand is on numerous issues. I also saw one on the street so I had a good conversation with that candidate. This motivated me to do some reading on each of the candidates, so over several days I did. I know who is getting my vote for Ward 27, and for Mayor.

Ive been door knocking with Adam Vaughan. He's also been at TTC stations in his ward a few times in the last few months.

I haven't seen my councillor ... though she has phoned me.

I also haven't seen any of her competitors ... though they seem to have no shortage of a budget for junk mail.

Last election I did see my councillor out - but none of her opponents.

I'm in 21 (west half St Pauls) and have heard nothing from Mihevc.

Funny. In 2006 he was all over the place, but we had several prominent challengers including John Sewells then.

I suspect he'll be virtually acclaimed. I figure he knows that too.

I live in Ward 21. I have not seen Joe out. I did check out the campaigns of his challengers, and I see why he is not too worried.

I noticed this week that Filion's campaign office has got its banners out on Yonge...

I had a School Board Trustee Candidate come to my door today, first time ever. He's Chris Moise (Toronto Centre - Rosedale). I like his stand on issues especially using schools more as community centres in off-hours, he seems like a nice guy who has his own business plus he works at St. Mikes. Finally I can put a check-mark next to a School Board Trustee who I actually know something about!

Back