News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Anyone see your incumbent councilor out campaigning?

My incumbent is Joe... so technically yes :)

I haven't seen any of my ward 19 candidates out in the street canvassing the doors. I'm in one of the highest density buildings in the neighbourhood so I'm surprised none of them has gone door to door here yet. I've heard that Karen Sun has been tirelessly walking the campaign trail. I've spoken one-on-one with the candidates I'm interested in at a debate though.

I also live in John Filion's riding. If you live in a condo, he doesn't care about you. He will be re-elected back simply by voters 60+ who continue to vote for him. He's an ok councillor. Not great but considering the unknowns who wouldn't have a clue how to deal with city council, it's probably best to re-elect him.

Nope, i live in ward 17 and have seen nobody on my street. got one flyer.

Funny though, i got a call from Smitherman's campaign office asking me if i was a decided or undecided voter. when i told them i was undecided, they said thanks and hung up.

Haven't seen nor heard from Palacio. A challenger, Tony Letra, was on our street over the weekend handing out flyers and making nice. Lots of Jonah Schein signs springing up, so we'll see if he deigns to visit his potential electors.

I also live in John Filion's riding. If you live in a condo, he doesn't care about you. He will be re-elected back simply by voters 60+ who continue to vote for him. He's an ok councillor. Not great but considering the unknowns who wouldn't have a clue how to deal with city council, it's probably best to re-elect him.

I met him briefly this weekend while he and his helpers were rushing through our neighbourhood. He greeted me enthusiastically and asked me if I have any concern. Well, I told him that he is catering too much to "nimbism" and older voters... (I went through the COA minor variance process and was told not even to bother to apply because John Filion will not let it happen; he wouldn't care you have three kids). John replied that we can respectfully disagree and rushed away to meet'n'greet his target voters...

Back