2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 502     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

77 King Street (TD Centre) Revitalization

`
tds5.jpg

What a dynamic improvement! How did this stay under the radar for so long?

Black looks so much better than grey. I wish developers would use it more often, instead of the typical grey spandrel we see everywhere.

You can't really notice because it's closer to the ground and not as big as the towers, but will they be doing the banking pavilion/does it need to be done as well?

The banking pavilion will be done as well, and it will be getting a green roof to go along with the envelope upgrade. The green roof will be a lawn, so it won't be altering the austere look of the architecture from street level.

The banking pavilion will be done as well, and it will be getting a green roof to go along with the envelope upgrade. The green roof will be a lawn, so it won't be altering the austere look of the architecture from street level.

Hmm, interesting.

I wonder what Van der Rohe would have thought if he heard his pavilion was getting a green roof! :p

Sept 09
Yes they will be doing the whole towers from top to bottom

6139133722_e4d28a4bcc_b.jpg

On Saturday or Sunday before sunset the sun hit this building's north side just right and I could clearly see a dramatic difference between the newly painted top few floors vs. the unpainted section below from about 3/4 mile away where I live. It looked great!

I haven't read this anywhere on the forum yet -but I noticed a signing variance request for the E/Y tower... Which was not an original Mies tower, which means that can be done... although it is disappointing.

Yes, two large illuminated signs on the north and south sides of the mech. penthouse if I read the application correctly. Yikes! And a decision on September 25th, whatever that was.

Hmm, interesting.

I wonder what Van der Rohe would have thought if he heard his pavilion was getting a green roof! :p

Probably not too happy.....we are talking about the man that made sure all retail used black and white signage....i mean he was a genius, but if he liked green roofs, the banking pavilion would already have one.

Back