News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 590     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

294 Richmond E @ Sherbourne (TLS, 6s, Sweeny &Co.) COMPLETE

I sort of like it....I wonder about the build quality, but besides that it seems okay.

I don't know that corner very well, but will the black brick stand out like a sore thumb compared to all the red brick surrounding it? Seems like it could be better suited in a slightly more modernized area.

You're right. I was just going to post that after I asked a worker what they are.

And why all the black brick for smallish infill Toronto developments these days?

Those are black metal panels.

The multiple 'little white extra boxy things' on the facade make me frown...they don't seem particularly functional, nor particularly aesthetic. They make the whole thing a bit busy, IMO.

However, it is a well-proportioned, perfectly standard neo-modern little number. It should improve the corner - if only by contrast.

during the afternoon of May 4, 2008

2008_05040001.jpg

2008_05040002.jpg

I too like this building and am glad it kind of pushed the neo-modernist envelope a little.

A lovely new addition to the area - takes its design cues from Europe. I wish the city would get serious about burying more hydro and utility cables underneath the streets, though... they seriously detract from so many beautiful buildings throughout the city.

I'm really loving this one. This intersection will have excellent streetwall once The Modern is complete.

Back