250 Lawrence West (Graywood) - Real Estate -

I got my statement of occupancy from my lawyer yesterday. The charges in the statement are higher than what is in the disclosure agreement. For example, parking = $80 in now $95.95 and locker $30 is now $35.99. Plus, comment elements are ~ $47 higher than in the monthly estimate. Anyone else get this? It also states in the contract that taxes are inclusive unless otherwise stated. And they are using 8.090% on outstanding balance but they do not take into consideration the final deposit. My monthly occupancy cost are ~ $800 more than the Greywood accountant estimates. I still don't have a PDI appointment. I visited the site on Sunday and they are not even close to being done. The front lobby is done now.
I haven't gotten either. Was giving it until tomorrow (two weeks to occupancy). Considering that I arranged through the lawyer to pay nearly the full balance owing on occupancy (to avoid the 8% useless interest charge) if that was not reflected in the accounting, I am hoping my lawyer rejected it outright and asked them to "do better" and didn't bother me with such incompetance.

Also, despite their prediction that they would get registration in October or November, this does not seem to have happened, so I question their estimate of closing timelines. If so, people may be saddled with that 8% for longer than they budgeted.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten either. Was giving it until tomorrow (two weeks to occupancy). Considering that I arranged through the lawyer to pay nearly the full balance owing on occupancy (to avoid the 8% useless interest charge) if that was not reflected in the accounting, I am hoping my lawyer rejected it outright and asked them to "do better" and didn't bother me with such incompetance.

Also, despite their prediction that they would get registration in October or November, this does not seem to have happened, so I question their estimate of closing timelines. If so, people may be saddled with that 8% for longer than they budgeted.

Did you get the value you wanted or did the appraisal come under?
Don't know. Was only told that all conditions were satisified. I'm only financing 10% or so. Don't think there is much risk to the bank. I read home prices have dropped about 15%, so if I were trying to finance the full 80%, it could be an issue.

Don't know. Was only told that all conditions were satisified. I'm only financing 10% or so. Don't think there is much risk to the bank. I read home prices have dropped about 15%, so if I were trying to finance the full 80%, it could be an issue.
It’s dropped 15% across the board for condo max has been like 5-6%

they’re prediction was registering in December to close in Jan

Back