215 Lake Shore East (Greenland) - Real Estate -

Thanks a lot for your reply.
That confirmed my thoughts and understanding.
I’m not sure, though, what did you mean saying
it’s just a waiting game at this point!
As I see it, we can wait or not (to sign those Tarion's papers) but the outcome will be the same.

But the main thing I don't understand, why Pinnacle actually decided to take the project over and continue with existing contracts. I mean: how they are expecting to make any money in this project, considering well known significant cost increases of building material and labor.
As I think about it now there are two possibilities/reasons for that. First, if we, at the time of purchase (2018-2019) had paid well over realistic price and if so, then even an increase in condo construction costs will still bring them some profit.
And second, if they consider to make some hidden adjustments in the project (ex.: use of different/cheaper materials or/and simplify some technical details in the construction and/or adjust terms of use after construction is done - with collaboration with management company), so it will cost them less than it was originally anticipated.
The first thing we already cannot change and it is irrelevant to the situation at this point, but the second one contains a real danger for us, purchasers.
I might be very wrong in all these assumptions but this is the best of my thinking so far about why Pinnacle has bought this seemingly dead project.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
That confirmed my thoughts and understanding.
I’m not sure, though, what did you mean saying

As I see it, we can wait or not (to sign those Tarion's papers) but the outcome will be the same.

But the main thing I don't understand, why Pinnacle actually decided to take the project over and continue with existing contracts. I mean: how they are expecting to make any money in this project, considering well known significant cost increases of building material and labor.
As I think about it now there are two possibilities/reasons for that. First, if we, at the time of purchase (2018-2019) had paid well over realistic price and if so, then even an increase in condo construction costs will still bring them some profit.
And second, if they consider to make some hidden adjustments in the project (ex.: use of different/cheaper materials or/and simplify some technical details in the construction and/or adjust terms of use after construction is done - with collaboration with management company), so it will cost them less than it was originally anticipated.
The first thing we already cannot change and it is irrelevant to the situation at this point, but the second one contains a real danger for us, purchasers.
I might be very wrong in all these assumptions but this is the best of my thinking so far about why Pinnacle has bought this seemingly dead project.
If I were (god forbid!) a purchaser in this project I would be talking to my lawyers and trying to salvage as much as I could and move on. Not a fun process but sometimes it is best to 'give up' and move on - after proper legal advice!

I received a letter advising of the new solicitor, switching from Greenland's to Pinnacle, did anyone else receive it? I sent it to my lawyer and realtor for review and was advised the two possible "outs" Pinnacle has has passed and it looks like they will honour our original pricing. The new occupancy date is now May 2027 and the opinion is, with Pinnacle's reputation they will deliver. They're also the builders of 1 Yonge, so quite a reputation to live up to. Overall looks hopeful.

I received a letter advising of the new solicitor, switching from Greenland's to Pinnacle, did anyone else receive it? I sent it to my lawyer and realtor for review and was advised the two possible "outs" Pinnacle has has passed and it looks like they will honour our original pricing. The new occupancy date is now May 2027 and the opinion is, with Pinnacle's reputation they will deliver. They're also the builders of 1 Yonge, so quite a reputation to live up to. Overall looks hopeful.
i got the same but i have different new occupancy date

This thread became a go to place to picket grievances against Greenland for last couple of years or so. Glad to see the some positive closure to this...and about time!

Last edited:
Most people now have shifted to the WhatsApp group called Lakeside residences discussions. Contact 778 840 6010 to join
Thanks, I was wondering the same thing on how quiet it is given the outside termination date is yet another year out. Getting our deposit back you'd think would be a hot topic. I will check out the whatsapp group. Do I need to call it or just whatsapp the number?

What we are supposed to do with these papers we just received? Is it just for information or there some actions are expected?

Back