News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 881     0 

2023 Ontario Liberal Leadership Race

Naqvi and Erskine-Smith are asking voters to rank the other candidate as their second choice to stop Crombie.

Seems highly unlikely to succeed; too bad.

It's because you work in sales, but in other fields it's become increasingly irrelevant to look a certain narrow way.

Take Patrick Brown for example.

The night he held a press conference to resign he looked like he just left a seedy strip club in a hurry because his wife just found out.

I thought we weren't supposed to be judging people by their appearances? So what if someone has some stubble or a beard or even a tattoo?

The less time we talk about Justin Trudeau's hair or Bonnie Crombie's choice in power suits or any of that, the better. Let's talk about the policies instead. I think it's a very old-school mentality to judge a politician that way, tbh.

Not quite a give-me for Crombie after all; though she's all but certain to win....

This one is going to a third ballot:

1701552592671.png

If Crombie gets anything more 3.3% off of Naqvi's supporters, she has it, which seems very likely indeed. Though Naqvi did formally ask his supporters to place Nate second on their ballots and Nate did the inverse.

Still, it would be a rather large surprise if Nate got 20.8% from Naqvi's 24%

Never say "nothing". McGuinty was elected Lib leader as the most conservative candidate on the leadership ballot IIRC.
And he started out in 4th place in the leadership contest as I remember, which is similar to Dion's position in the Federal Leadership race in 2008, I believe. I was at the convention in Montreal that year for my first and last experience as a delegate.

Back