News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 325     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 885     0 

2023 Ontario Liberal Leadership Race

The above comments about Del Duca, as devastating as some of them are, are still far more polite than he deserves. Del Duca was a hapless gomer who literally looked like he just magically stepped off the screen from an animated sitcom from the FOX network. He had the exact look of one of their doofus dad characters, or maybe one of the incompetent, dim-witted side characters, someone as comically stupid as, say, a Chief Wiggum or Barney Gumble. (And now that I think of it, there actually was a sidekick character from the old King of the Hill show that was pretty much the man's spitting image.) Putting up such a dullard against the likes of Ford, a brute who treats politics as a blood sport, was the height of folly. It was like having a puppy face off against a rabid, fully-grown Rottweiler and expecting it to win.

As for Bonny Crombie, none of the facts included above look very promising or 'electable' to me.

Crombie, the Mississauga mayor and a former Liberal MP, has so far brought in $383,020 in her bid for the Grit crown.
In terms of raising money, MPP Ted Hsu (Kingston and the Islands) was in second place with $177,932.
MP Nate Erskine-Smith (Beaches—East York) has collected $154,020.
MP Yasir Naqvi (Ottawa Centre) was in fourth place in donations with $80,685.

F3GbA6xXAAAm4KY

Oh, gawd. A f——king Blue Liberal who is attractive enough to the party because she could probably deliver some 905 seats.

She has absolutely nothing of substance that’s drawing my interest, and certainly can’t be counted on to clean up Queen’s Park or fix Ford’s messes in health, education, or municipal affairs.

Oh, gawd. A f——king Blue Liberal who is attractive enough to the party because she could probably deliver some 905 seats.

She has absolutely nothing of substance that’s drawing my interest, and certainly can’t be counted on to clean up Queen’s Park or fix Ford’s messes in health, education, or municipal affairs.
I'm kind of ok with a blue Liberal. Both Trudeau and Wynne governed more as 'orange' Liberals, and Trudeau is cruising for a shellacking.

Who are you liking in the race?

You’re probably right but after 8 years we need to give Dougie the boot.

Today is the last day to sign up members for the leadership vote.

OLP members vote for their new leader on December 2.

@Northern Light

Seems like the mayor should have been there to vote for this no?

Had she not taken a leave of absence to campaign, then yes, she should have.

She will be returning from leave come November Council meeting.

Should she have taken leave in the first place? Alternatively should she have arranged to have this come before Council in November upon her return? Fair questions.

Far be it from me to be Ms. Crombie's defender, I'm not a big fan of the Hazel acolyte.

That said, the manner in which this was defeated actually puts it out to consulation for a return to Council in the next few months. Crombie has now all but promised it will pass the next time.

But she's taking it on the chin for the needless delay, and rightly so.

Back