News   May 22, 2024
 827     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 653     1 
News   May 22, 2024
 462     0 

2018 Ontario Provincial Election Discussion

Wynne can't handle the heat...time to resign with your tail between your legs like McGuinty so the Libs can pull the old bait-and-switch again. Donnie America has 3x the approval rating of Wynne.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/kathleen-wynne-twitter-abuse-1.3949657

Lot of class in this thread.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/rob-fords-toronto.14268/page-7598#post-1180753

It's his fault he got cancer and died young, leaving behind his family? You are a truly horrible person.
You can disagree with somebody's politics without being such a cunt about somebody dying.
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/rob-fords-toronto.14268/page-7599#post-1181250

Interesting how death threat-y tweets is "can't handle it", impolite and indirect comments on someone's death make you "lacking in class" and "a cunt".

AoD

Last edited:
Eh where did I say death threats are OK again? I posted an article that shows how much people hate Wynne. I didn't say any of their comments are acceptable.

Also, I'm all for free speech. You have the right to cheer the death of a family man, and I have the right to call you a cunt for it.

Eh where did I say death threats are OK again? I posted an article that shows how much people hate Wynne. I didn't say any of their comments are acceptable.
Also, I'm all for free speech. You have the right to cheer the death of a family man, and I have the right to call you a cunt for it.

Let's not BS me. It doesn't take a mind reader to figure out you don't give a shit about Wynne at the receiving end of those comments. Your comment was "she can't take the heat", not that the heat is unreasonable. If free speech is what someone need to hide behind in order to say those things, you know what, that someone is the c*nt.

AoD

Last edited:
Steve PaikinVerified account‏@spaikin
I'm hearing @Kathleen_Wynne is about to announce she's denying @JohnTory & @cityoftoronto the right to toll the DVP & Gardiner Xway. #onpoli

Colour me surprised. I have never been terribly convinced JT is a convert himself - he had a long history of opposing it; his base doesn't buy it and the implementation schedule is ridiculously long - certainly beyond his term. Maybe she will swap provincial ownership with JT and deny PB that win.

AoD

And right on cue, from Oliver Moore:

Oliver Moore ‏@moore_oliver
Statement from Toronto mayor: "if" Ont won't let city toll highways, he expects them "to take serious and immediate action" to cough up cash

Not predictable at all...

On the bright side, it makes voting in the next provincial election even tougher. I suppose 5% approval rating is an improvement.

AoD

Last edited:
You're missing the point--Patrick Brown has repeatedly stated that Ontario has the highest rates in North America. So that is not true... right?

True, Patrick Brown is missing the point. I'd be more curious to know how much the electricity rates have increased in these more expensive jurisdictions over the last decade compared to Ontario's. I would guess ours have increased the most over that time frame.

That's why Ontarians are so mad, the increases have been so steep for so long.

No surprise- Wynne really needs to fight harder for the 905 than she needs to fight for the 416.

That's the unfortunate truth about non-swing constituencies- politicians need to deliver less to keep their seats.

At this point I'm not sure if people would support or oppose this. On one hand, there's the issue of duplication of administration. On the other hand, Catholic schools are seen as being better run, and those whose children are attending might be concerned about a potential decline in quality (they see Liberal mismanagement and imagine this extended to their schools).

Perhaps a solution might be to unify overarching administrative elements of the school boards (i.e. maintenance, procurement) if they haven't been already, but leave the boards to be run separately.

The 'Hail Mary' pass that could restore Kathleen Wynne and her government

I’ve been thinking for long time about what kind of Hail Mary policy idea could be truly effective in getting the Liberals out of their funk and forcing the people of Ontario to give them another look. There’s only one I can think of: ending the government's 150-year-old constitutional obligation to provide public funds to the Roman Catholic schools, and reorganizing education under one, unified, public system.
http://tvo.org/blog/current-affairs...uld-restore-kathleen-wynne-and-her-government

Last edited:
At this point I'm not sure if people would support or oppose this. On one hand, there's the issue of duplication of administration. On the other hand, Catholic schools are seen as being better run, and those whose children are attending might be concerned about a potential decline in quality (they see Liberal mismanagement and imagine this extended to their schools).

Perhaps a solution might be to unify overarching administrative elements of the school boards (i.e. maintenance, procurement) if they haven't been already, but leave the boards to be run separately.

http://tvo.org/blog/current-affairs...uld-restore-kathleen-wynne-and-her-government

Terrible idea. We're at a point where most children in Catholic school are from families who are only nominally Catholic, and simply want a better education for their kids. Eliminating the system would only anger them, and create a lot of mobilized opponents. After watching the media whip up low-information voters into a frenzy over hydro, I can only imagine what they would do if this was proposed.

Terrible idea. We're at a point where most children in Catholic school are from families who are only nominally Catholic, and simply want a better education for their kids. Eliminating the system would only anger them, and create a lot of mobilized opponents. After watching the media whip up low-information voters into a frenzy over hydro, I can only imagine what they would do if this was proposed.

Indeed (not that I dislike the idea). Even simply put - think where the new Catholic schools are going up right now, and transpose that with where the parties want the votes.

AoD

And right on cue, from Oliver Moore:

Statement from Toronto mayor: "if" Ont won't let city toll highways, he expects them "to take serious and immediate action" to cough up cash

Not predictable at all...

On the bright side, it makes voting in the next provincial election even tougher. I suppose 5% approval rating is an improvement.

AoD

And har har har...

In letter to councillors, Toronto mayor says bigger share of gas tax a "direct result" of city's "leadership" by championing road tolls

AoD

No way Wynne would end the Catholic school system.
It would destroy the Liberal's Italian, Portuguese and Filipino base in the GTA.

It boggles my mind that the left has learned nothing from the election of Donald Trump. Calling people "low-information voters" because they are concerned about hydro prices and their ability to afford the same is exactly why you saw rust-belt states vote Republican for the first time in a generation. Democrats dismissed their valid concerns and labelled them deplorables and worse. They continue to do that to this day, for the most part.

The federal Conservatives are guilty of this right now too. Simply ridiculing Trudeau and his supporters won't help you win the next election. You need to learn from failure and re-adjust accordingly. Blaming the electorate is the most idiotic thing you can do.

Back