News   Apr 25, 2024
 358     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

It happened during question period. The sex-ed topic came up and he said something to the effect that "YOU of all people shouldn't be promoting this curriculum." Wynne responded, asking for what specific reason, but she knew what he meant.

It happened during question period. The sex-ed topic came up and he said something to the effect that "YOU of all people shouldn't be promoting this curriculum." Wynne responded, asking for what specific reason, but she knew what he meant.

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any possible reasonable interpretation to that comment. Terrible. Just think about it... she was Minister of Education for a while, she's a mother, she has a Master of Education. Who is MORE qualified?

He got questioned about the intent of his quip and he basically argued that she isn't qualified because of <insert scandal name here>. Weaksauce.

AoD

Thanks. There doesn't seem to be any possible reasonable interpretation to that comment. Terrible. Just think about it... she was Minister of Education for a while, she's a mother, she has a Master of Education. Who is MORE qualified?

Oh, that's right. There's a good summary of the whole thing in this article here from the Globe:

Wynne suggests Tory MPP homophobic after sex-ed comments.

The quote from Wynne is brilliant!

“What is it that especially disqualifies me for the job that I’m doing? Is it that I’m a woman? Is it that I’m a mother? Is it that I have a master’s of education? Is it that I was a school council chair? Is it that I was the minister of education?” Ms. Wynne thundered. “What is it exactly that the member opposite thinks disqualifies me from doing the job that I’m doing? What is that?”

Congrats to Kathleen Wynne on her 2018 election victory!
Yeah, that's my first reaction.

How does moving the leadership even further right than Hudak help the party win a general election? Elliott would have been a real threat in 2018.

Brown is so extreme, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the remaining MPPs don't stick around. I wonder if it's enough to split the party?

Unbelievable! Move the party to the right of Tea Party Tim. Kathleen Wynne will sleep good tonight knowing she won't have to face Christine Elliott.

Unbelievable! Move the party to the right of Tea Party Tim. Kathleen Wynne will sleep good tonight knowing she won't have to face Christine Elliott.

I think it would be a mistake to count out how dangerous he can be potentially - far, far more so than Christine and his brand of old style Toryism.

AoD

They made a big mistake by electing someone who has is not the least bit "progressive." The PC Party is more like the Reform Party now. I would have been comfortable voting for Elliott, but not at all for Brown.

Last edited:
Christine Elliott is dull and lazy. Just because the Globe and Mail editorial board likes her doesn't mean she'd resonate with the electorate. And it's not as if moderate so-called red Tory leaders like Eves and Tory did so great either - it's no guarantee of anything.

Last edited:
Good news for Ontario.

Regardless of whatever shit the Liberals manage to screw up over the next few years, they'll be re-elected in 2018. And with that, our transportation projects will be safe.

Who knows, Sheppard East LRT might even be resurrected and funded towards the end of Wynne's second elected term.

I wonder how likely it is for the PC's to split?

I can't imagine progressive conservatives feel they would be represented by the Brown-led Conservatives.

Back