News   Apr 25, 2024
 185     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

2014 Ontario Provincial Election

I am beginning to question whether strategically voting for Liberals this federal election is the right way to go about strategic voting. Depending on orange momentum and Mulcair's popularity, the NDP may actually have a better chance.
I'm starting to wonder that too.

Not an issue in my riding really ... Conservatives only ever get 15%, so it's always gong to be between Liberals and NDP.

Provincially it's hard to imagine that a creationist is going to increase the vote count that Hudak got. And I'm not convinced that many of the current Tory MPPs are going to be very happy with this. I have to think if that it's going to be an anti-Liberal vote, that it's going to benefit the NDP.

My riding is a Liberal lock when it comes to provincial elections. Brad Duguid's office is across the street from where I live and he wins handily.

Voting strategically for the Liberals went out the window for me when they voted for c-51. Unless the Liberals reverse their positions I'll be voting NDP or Green.

My riding is a Liberal lock when it comes to provincial elections. Brad Duguid's office is across the street from where I live and he wins handily.
Though it went Conservative in the last federal election, and provincially went NDP in the last NDP surge in Ontario.

Brad Daguid might have a lock on it ... but I don't think the Liberal's do.

Though it went Conservative in the last federal election, and provincially went NDP in the last NDP surge in Ontario.

Yes, Roxanne James snuck through in a three way race. Before that, Cannis has easily won.

I have never met Duguid, but he seems like a nice guy.

Last edited:

And actually, in said last federal election, the NDP did extremely well too--in fact, less than six points separated the three main parties.

Under such circumstances, a Liberal "strategic vote" really make most sense in seats like Don Valley West, rather than Scarborough Centre.

Last edited:
Patrick Brown
@brownbarrie
Pleased to once again show support for @Barrie_Pride with my good friend Pam Colquhoun. #Barrie #Onpoli #Pride2015 pic.twitter.com/JFOIdH7vAT

Wow, Charles McVety and Trustee Sam let him attend this?

Last edited:
Really sorry for another run on post.

Seemed like a matter of time. It will be an easy riding for Brown. It also avoids him being labelled a "parachute" candidate since Orillia is not far from Barrie, his old constituency. It would have been awkward if he ran in some place like Windsor or Kenora.

As Robert Fisher said on CBC, even the blackflies vote Conservative in that riding.

We could see some other resignations as well. 85-year-old Monte Kwinter deciding to retire? Tim Hudak going to the private sector?

Back