News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 531     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

2014 Municipal Election: Brampton

TorontoStar 5:36pm via Hootsuite
Susan Fennell ordered to pay $144,150.25 and council docks her pay for 90 days http://t.co/LKk90LQ7Wu

More lawsuits to come? Or will she finally slink away?

Who knows but there were two questions raised in my mind today that someone who had a chance to follow the meeting might be able to answer for me.

1. On what basis did they decide to fine one member 90 days pay but not the others (all were found to have misspent money);
2. The $144k they have demanded be repaid relates to a on call limo service that had been approved by council but there is no mention/breakdown of how much of the $144k is for having the limo on call and how much is for actual use. I would think that any amount of that that is just for having the service on call lays at the feet of all council and not just the present/former mayor.

She was the highest-paid mayor in the entire country in 2012--champagne wishes and caviar dreams. Pay up, Brampton, because you elected the very best mayor money could buy.

She didn't set her own salary rates. The previous mayor/council did that.

Increases/decreases in pay only change the net group elected (which includes re-elected individuals). They don't actually vote themselves increases without taxpayers approving it by electing that person at that pay rate.

Back