News   May 10, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 1.2K     0 

2014 Municipal Election: Brampton

The Fennell campaign and announcements have the same feel as the Robertson campaign of 2000 (the one Fennell took him out in). An incumbent desperately grasping at straws in hopes of reelection...
At least Fennell can't use one of Robertson's rationalizations for his loss...paraphasing here "If I was a woman I would have won this election"

TorontoStar 8:10am via Hootsuite
Brampton mayor successfully appeals audit payback amount, but $155,952 still unaccounted for. http://t.co/Ar9espO462

I want to see Leiper's report...She had access to additional information on City of Brampton expense rules that Deloitte didn't have? What the? Supposedly Leiper accepted the expense claims as the rules lacked clarity and the claims were technically within the rules? How the?...My oh my sounds to me similar to an R Ford skate by...When is that 148 page report going to be available to the public?

What's interesting is a municipal NDP toehold: Gurpreet Dhillon, who recently bore (and quite well) the ONDP standard in Brampton-Springdale.

What's it with these utterly depraved politicians of late? Is there a low they won't swoop to?

AoD

With Fennell the best defense is being preemptive...There is a special council meeting scheduled before December 1 and the existing council's dissolution so she wants them offbalance and gunshy before that meeting....
It was a stroke of genius to have Leiper as the independant auditor considering the battering she took as IC of Toronto and the sullying of her reputation by the Court of Appeal over R Ford's COI.. I would think that would make her somewhat reticent in looking at what might be considered "punitive remedy"
Fennell got Deloitte to walk away from their report with her initial threats...the only ones who haven't backed down are the Star and Brampton's Integrity Commissioner Swayze...

With Fennell the best defense is being preemptive...There is a special council meeting scheduled before December 1 and the existing council's dissolution so she wants them offbalance and gunshy before that meeting....
It was a stroke of genius to have Leiper as the independant auditor considering the battering she took as IC of Toronto and the sullying of her reputation by the Court of Appeal over R Ford's COI.. I would think that would make her somewhat reticent in looking at what might be considered "punitive remedy"
Fennell got Deloitte to walk away from their report with her initial threats...the only ones who haven't backed down are the Star and Brampton's Integrity Commissioner Swayze...

The strategy of striking first is of course obvious - the very fact that she will resort to such tactics again points to the low she has swooped herself to. This is behaviour of individuals who know the rules and seek to warp and manipulate them to their advantage. For that alone she should be subjected to far, far harsher punishments.

AoD

Oh-oh. Looks like Fennell will not be available for the December council debate...

reporterdonpeat 2:42pm via Twitter Web Client
Brampton Mayor Susan Fennell - who lost her re-election bid last month - is undergoing spinal surgery ASAP.

Another one succumbing to that dreaded disease. Forget Morgellons, we need CDC to look into this mysterious illness that keep on striking down ethically challenged politicians.

AoD

Last edited:

Back