News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 502     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

2008 Federal Election: GTA Voting Patterns

Kennedy could have chosen any Toronto riding in which to run, but NOOO he picks the one with a strong, popular NDP incumbent and unseats her.
And why wouldn't he? Kennedy is a Liberal, and actually his defeating a "strong" NDP candidate was one of the few bright spots for the party in this election.

I'm devasted that Peggy Nash wasn't returned. Kennedy could be 'blamed' for the state of the current Liberal leadership, after all, he threw his support to Dion's camp during the last Liberal leadership race, had he thrown his support behind Bob Rae, Rae would have been Liberal leader now and had an easier time defeating Harper.

I won't be forgiving Kennedy anytime soon for unseating Peggy Nash in Parkdale-High Park. All this talk of having more women involved in politics and blah-de-blah,Kennedy could have chosen any Torontoriding in which to run, but NOOO he picks the one with a strong, popular NDP incumbent and unseats her.

You seem to be easily "devastated". It's in the nature of politics that good people win and good people lose. Most people who run, regardless of party, actually are good people. Many of them lost on Tuesday.

Why shouldn't Kennedy run in his own riding? I don't see any other riding in the 416 where he could not only win, but take a seat from another party, which is one of the objectives in politics.

I was pleased to see Garth Turner lose. I hope his run is finally finished. If anyone was more of a loudmouth, but ultimately useless, in recent years, I'm not sure who that would be.

Justin Trudeau seems to be a polarizing type of person. He seems to take a lot of undeserved flak. I'm glad he won. We'll see what shapes up in his future.

It's unfortunate Peggy Nash lost to Gerard Kennedy, but it's not the end of the world and I hope Peggy considers a run for the ONDP leadership where I think she could do a fantastic job.

Kennedy made his point of winning P-HP, but overall it was a disastrous result for the Libs. He will not be taken seriously as a leadership contender.

Kennedy made his point of winning P-HP, but overall it was a disastrous result for the Libs. He will not be taken seriously as a leadership contender.

Even if it's by default because of his past leadership run, I think he will be taken seriously, at least in being the immediate annointed frontrunner among the under-50 crowd...

Back