News   Apr 26, 2024
 373     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 329     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 520     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RE: 80

It almost seems as though the Toronto projects were created only to give the impression that they have more than the one or two projects in their sites- They look a little too, well..half ideas to be honest.

That said, I am not sure how 1 Bloor St. E will be as a residence- it looks like an office tower.

p5

Watch out, guys... April Fool's is just around the corner! :)

I am not a big fan of the base either. It is more appropriate for Times Square or Dundas Square but its a little too overtly commercial for this area.

And the tower just does not do it for me (although we lack tall curves in the city).

That being said, bring it on as the present corner is an eyesore.

And there certainly is no mention of a movie theatre. That would have certainly added some life to the area.

ARE you Kidding Me?!!

Does anyone know how to capture a macromedia image? and could they post the rendering(s) here...

edit:found the pics..

1Bloor.jpg

1Bloor2.jpg

wow!! this is big news!!

I like the tower.. has potential!! man Toronto is on fire!

And they even removed the traffic lights from the intersection. I guess when one of those big commercial signs turn green, you go and when it turns red, you stop.

1Bloor.jpg

awfully hard to believe the firm behind all of Pemberton's towers and many of Tridels came up with that

What the hell is going on here? 80 story tower? Toronto Landmark?

What the hell?

I'm guessing "Toronto Landmark" is in NYCC. I think I recognize the building to the right.

Toronto_Landmark.JPG

that is a legit press release...and welcome to the forum, marklo17, you really know how to make an entrance! :)

^I see that now

this tower is huge - easily in the 280 to 320m range (the building beside it is 76m)

What's on that spot in North York now? Is this an actual proposal/vision for that location, or just a general vision using the background of North York Centre?

EDIT: I'm guessing the rendering took some artistic liberties in terms of placement of the Trimark Building, and the towers are proposed for the marked area:
Toronto_Landmark_Location.JPG

EDIT: And if things aren't wacky enough, on SSC it's pointed out the "Landmark" buildings are u/c in Kazakhstan.
www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=346552

^ For a second I thought Daniels was doing a project in Kazakhstan (Zhana Tolkyn Residential Complex).

re: 1BE, I think the design is an improvement from Kolter's design. Regardless of the design, good to see activity to develop this corner again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back