News   May 09, 2024
 803     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 543     0 

1 Bloor East (Bazis International) for Great Gulf see One Bloor - Real Estate -

Status
Not open for further replies.
More negativity ... :confused:
Some people seem to have an ongoing need for negativity ...

Because these people are based in the admittedly unlikely location of Kazakhstan does not make them phonies. They are relatively new to Toronto, but they seem to be building a credible track record. If I'm not mistaken, real sales have taken place at Crystal Blu, and shovels are in the ground. And you could safely assume that financing for projects of this size, being provided by a major European bank, would not be extended to "phonies" or people who don't know what they're doing.

That said, I do regret the recent redesign of 1 Bloor. It looked better before, but of course that's only based on renderings.

Observer: That said it all. Next you're going to have somebody saying that European banks will lend anybody money (or something along the lines?). What nobody bothers to look at is the fact that these people have already BUILT buildings in other parts of the world.
Sure, Khazakstan doesnt have the "best reputation" because of Borat, but if you're going to believe everything you see in a movie you have other things to worry about than a building that you probably wont be buying a condo in.

For anybody that wants to see the projects, the link is above.

Observer: That said it all. Next you're going to have somebody saying that European banks will lend anybody money (or something along the lines?). What nobody bothers to look at is the fact that these people have already BUILT buildings in other parts of the world.

The relationship between the buildings they claim to have constructed and the group based up in the back of a warehouse in Concord is quite suspect.

The relationship between the buildings they claim to have constructed and the group based up in the back of a warehouse in Concord is quite suspect.

I havent seen their local office, but do a quick google search of Kazmunaigas and Bazis and you'll get more results than just Bazis' website. As to the claiming to have constructed buildings... the buildings do exist, and they are actually brick and mortar not just pictures. Unless you could find me proof that somebody other than Bazis built the buildings that Bazis claims to have built?

I havent seen their local office, but do a quick google search of Kazmunaigas and Bazis and you'll get more results than just Bazis' website. As to the claiming to have constructed buildings... the buildings do exist, and they are actually brick and mortar not just pictures. Unless you could find me proof that somebody other than Bazis built the buildings that Bazis claims to have built?

Emporis shows about 4 buildings, with but 1 actual photo. Curious that a company with 13,000 employees would list Toronto and 1BE so prominently on their homepage.

I would love to know the real story. Any non-brokers out there with some real info?

There are quite a few high profile people in the real estate law side and sales and marketing teams that have been working on this project - it is not being run from the back of a warehouse in concord as one person has suggested.

Beautiful Building!

I heard on the news this morning real estate agents are hiring university students to sleep outside before the opening in a week (from what I hear, it is November 13).

The website doesn't give any info on pricing. From the Globe and the Star articles, seems like these luxury condos go for up to 1500 a square foot!! It seems very expensive. How does this building's interest in the community compare to Trump tower and Ritz? I think it is probably one step down from those two.

Any insights?

I heard on the news this morning real estate agents are hiring university students to sleep outside before the opening in a week (from what I hear, it is November 13).

The website doesn't give any info on pricing. From the Globe and the Star articles, seems like these luxury condos go for up to 1500 a square foot!! It seems very expensive. How does this building's interest in the community compare to Trump tower and Ritz? I think it is probably one step down from those two.

Any insights?

Interesting, looks like a great tower! though overall I still like the Shangri-la Toronto the best(especially the location).. anyone has the pricing on this one?

Interesting, looks like a great tower! though overall I still like the Shangri-la Toronto the best(especially the location).. anyone has the pricing on this one?

Can't compare to Shanri-La. These bozos have no experience in this realm. Warehouse in Concord, check for yourself...

Caveat Emptor.

vultur
I'm interested in why you have such venom for a company, if a new company like Bazis is new to Canada, it does not necessarily mean that its a scam. Given that this is such a high profile development, I doubt the powers that be in Toronto and Ontario will give a fly by night company a contract as big as this
But that's just my opinion. Its good to have reasonable doubts I suppose.

A friend of mine was doing design for a potential Bazis building last year, but they ended up backing out of the whole thing.

vultur
I'm interested in why you have such venom for a company, if a new company like Bazis is new to Canada, it does not necessarily mean that its a scam. Given that this is such a high profile development, I doubt the powers that be in Toronto and Ontario will give a fly by night company a contract as big as this
But that's just my opinion. Its good to have reasonable doubts I suppose.

Valid point Asia. Venon is probably too strong. It's the completely oblivious raw-raw cheerleading and the bombastic proclamations and arrogance that leave a bitter and somewhere between skeptical and outright distrustful taste for this group. I have no dealings with them and no connection to them (I did meet someone who quoted a job for them and found them to be particularly amateurish and suspect- 3rd party heresay, I admit). Here they are now seemingly embarking on a giant undertaking the scope of which exceeds anything this city has ever seen. Yet no one (but me it appears) questions their capabilities and track record. The information contained on their company homepage does nothing to dispel the notion that they are not a bona fide development company. It would be one thing if this were another Canderel project, but these guys have no visible imprint anywhere in the Western Hemisphere and we are being asked to believe that they are capable of construction an absolutely monstrous building at a major location in Canada's most important city.

Paying students to line up does nothing but incite my rancor for this project. Indeed I have gotten enough email blasts from the likely suspects to realize how desperate they are to create a hype machine around this titanic.

they are indeed paying what appear to be students to camp out on the pavement, was there last night and there were approximately 20 people huddled under umbrellas in the rain, quite sad really,with all the other construction going on in TO right now, is there any need to queue in November for a week just to see the sales centre of a project like this? It does beggar belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back