News   May 17, 2024
 2.9K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Like all humans, Hume is a bit right and a bit wrong.

Can't blame him for being bitter, the developer of TLS has been just awful all the way through the development process, changed the plans at least three times, didn't deliver what was promised, and took a half a generation to deliver what they did. The City should really think twice or more before going into any more agreements with PE.

After looking again at TLS yesterday in the flesh, I think it's going to be okay. The intersection was a serious problem for a very long time and it offers some possibilities now, providing that the advertisers get brave and have some fun.

Not to be taken lightly is how the (adjacent) Yonge/Dundas square is so often used as a huge flea market. This practice should just be stopped, and now, not later.

Question: am I colour blind or is Hume? The cladding on TLS isn't charcoal grey, it's taupe, no?

A final thought (just for tonight) -- with the way development is happening in Toronto these years, this TLS thing may not stand very long at all. There are precedents. The land is becoming valuable. Maybe PE cheaped out so they could flip easily. Care to argue?

Two shots of the latest billboard.

DSC_2961.jpg

DSC_2960.jpg

YeS!! exposed ducts being covered, thank God! , now if only we could cover those fake fans

Agree, this thing is going to look great and will do wonders for the intersection.

Oh and I now think that Hume is a certified dumbass.

"And as for the contents of this lumpen excuse for a building, they will include Future Shop, Shoppers Drug Mart, AMC Theatres, as well as the inevitable Tim Hortons.

How exciting is that?"

24 screen AMC theatre right at Canada's already busiest intersection? I call that pretty exciting.

"Instead, we get a building so dead and inert, one feels uncomfortable walking past it."

Hmmm there could be a reason that he feels this way. Could it be.......let's see.......BECAUSE IT ISN'T FINISHED YET?

This place will rock Yonge-Dundas when it is finished.

Not to be taken lightly is how the (adjacent) Yonge/Dundas square is so often used as a huge flea market. This practice should just be stopped, and now, not later.

I actually like this usage, especially in colder weather when the fountains aren't used.

Darn I kind of liked those ducts exposed, they gave the building a kind of pompidou or Loyds sort of appearance.. well sorta. What's with the fake fans anyway? What the heck is the point of this?? :confused:

Why is everything so white??

I think you guys are just too easy to be satisfied. I agree with Hume. You need to be demanding, tough in criticize things for it to get better. If we are all easily be satisfied, how can we improve?

To me, TLC does not live up to its potential. It has cheapen down so much (from the original design) and the west side (the rooftop above Future Shop) is horrible. I wish they had cover up, or had the same height as the south side. It's better to cover them with billboards than showing the empty core with big gray ugly walls...

I've been satisfied

I've been un-satisfied

Being satisfied feels better, being unsatisfied just leads me into a world of hurt and fustration.

Not that there is anything wrong with being fustrated....

What a hunk of garbage. The city should be ashamed for allowing something so sub-par. I have no problems with the billboards and all the advertising but they can't even get that all right.

Jay, the city has not been allowed to critique buildings based on their architecture (or in this case, lack thereof). You know that though, right? Things are changing, thankfully, in that department, but in the meantime, why blame the city for this hideous lump? You only add to the prevailing ignorance when making accusations like that. The blame here falls squarely on Pen Iniquity's shoulders.

interchange:

The city should shoulder some blame in chosing to partner with PenEquity though; that, and not having an ironclad legal agreement on the design aspects as part of the deal.

AoD

PS: Come to think of it, I can't think of a store that belongs to TLS more than any other: Bad Boy Furniture.

Jay, the city has not been allowed to critique buildings based on their architecture (or in this case, lack thereof). You know that though, right? Things are changing, thankfully, in that department, but in the meantime, why blame the city for this hideous lump? You only add to the prevailing ignorance when making accusations like that. The blame here falls squarely on Pen Iniquity's shoulders.

This disaster was entirely foreseeable. If the city had checked out peniniquity's other properties, they would concluded that they were not up to the task. Go have a look at their site in Oakville. What a piece of garbage --with the same results. I think its high profile tenants (incl w. Puck)have all escaped. By the way, I came up with the name Pen Iniquity. You owe me royalties.

Back