Toronto South Beach Condos + Lofts | ?m | 27s | Amexon | Arsenault

Could someone maybe make a map of where all the developments in this area are going? Pretty Please : - )

I'm hardly ever in this area so I can't visualize them at all.

Agreed - The area is going to really come alive! ducati - What do you mean regarding the finishes? I met with sales reps there and they said that everything in the suite was standard. Please confirm. Thanks.

A lot of the finishes you see at the model suites are upgrades,make sure all the items you see is on the sales agreement,from light fixtures to kitchen designs.The gray area for actual product varies greatly especially on the lower priced units.I had my friend who specializes in condo take a look at the suites with me and she talked to a sales rep there and there is a somewhat vague description as what is standard and what is a upgrade.For example the modern light fixtures,that could be anything,from a expensive Flos light to a cheap Home Depot light.She did like the over feel of the suites and pricing was very fair compared to the core condos.

I actually had a chance yesterday to finally stop by this sales center and see what's up... Like someone said above, this is surely one of the best looking sales centers I've ever been too... All the finishes presented are actually standard EXCEPT for the shelves in walk-in closets... there's also an article about it in the condo guide... so frunkster if they don't give you what you paid for you'll have some evidence... :))

BUT here's the catch... if you buy a unit below 10th floor you get cheap finishes and yes you'd probably have to upgrade... anything above the 10th floor you get exactly what you see in the model suites... but than again you'd have to check it out yourself... don't blame me... only time will tell... buying a condo is a tricky business...

i dunno if it's true or not but apparently there could be a mimico trail for walking/biking behind it starting from somewhere around Tides condo or maybe a lil' further north...

what's the % sold figures so far???. i'm wondering if they will be breaking ground soon.

i didn't ask about the %sold because the sales rep told me that they only have a limited number of floors left for a few units... so i dunno... i did see a lot of sold out signs... i drive pass there every day so i might drop in and ask them or even snap a few pics...

"mimico trail for walking/biking behind it starting from somewhere around Tides condo or maybe a lil' further north"

there is truth to that,the tax payers committee and the city planning department did have several meetings in 2005 and 2007 about the need to join the lakefront to the rest of the queensway.Legion RD was high on the list since the street is not continuous.The main problem is money.What isnt these days?.Parklawn is somewhat too "industrial" with those old warehouse units so from what I heard they (city) wanted to make a two lane tree lined street (Legion Rd) to tie the Lakeshore-Queensway corridor.SB is about %45 sold last time I checked,most were sold during the VIP showing.

"mimico trail for walking/biking behind it starting from somewhere around Tides condo or maybe a lil' further north"

there is truth to that,the tax payers committee and the city planning department did have several meetings in 2005 and 2007 about the need to join the lakefront to the rest of the queensway.Legion RD was high on the list since the street is not continuous.The main problem is money.What isnt these days?.Parklawn is somewhat too "industrial" with those old warehouse units so from what I heard they (city) wanted to make a two lane tree lined street (Legion Rd) to tie the Lakeshore-Queensway corridor.SB is about %45 sold last time I checked,most were sold during the VIP showing.

apparently they surpassed that percentage and are doing well in sales... i haven't seen any 'warehouses' but only two commercial houses that are about to get demolished in a few years as owners are planning on building condos between south beach and menkes' project...
Since there's a streetcar loop coming down the street at lakeshore the city is planning on putting more trees up on parklawn and west on lakeshore in order to extend that 'park/green feeling'... this will particularly benefit menkes' project... can't wait to see what that's gonna look like...
that area is dying for some kinda mall...

Ever since I visited south beach sales center, I couldn't stop thinking about it...this design hit the spot...plus I love that area...:) what kept me from not getting a unit until yesterday was the waterscapes condo... i knew that the price per sqft would be higher because of the better location but was kinda hoping for something nice/cheap with a view... the waterscapes package that i received from my broker confirmed what i actually suspected... (will update waterscapes thread with this info)...

SO i kinda felt good and finally went back to south beach sales center and bought myself a nice unit with southeast exposure (city/lake view) on a high floor (which means I'm getting all those finishes that you see at the sales center (hopefully) )...
apparently they are breaking grounds in a few months (early 2009) and occupancy date is scheduled for 2010 but you never know... i snapped a few pictures and will post them later today...
i think i made a good decision...

I'm betting that $700 billion bailout plan works out... :D

Scaled Model

I swung by the sales office and indeed it was very nicely decorated ... the model suites were OVER THE TOP, but I did find it hard to picture what a unit would be like in finishing when delivered in the end given its not clear what are 'furniture' and what are standard 'fixtures' in the model suite ... not sure if the builder was trying to create illusions

the agent tells me they are about 65% on west tower, no schedule yet to start selling the east tower

this shot given a really good context on relationship of South Beach with Beyond the Sea to the south (right) and California/iLofts to the northwest (foreground)

IMG_2201.jpg

and here's my money shot that South Beach could use on their ad ... :D
IMG_2202.jpg

Ever since I visited south beach sales center, I couldn't stop thinking about it...this design hit the spot...plus I love that area...:) what kept me from not getting a unit until yesterday was the waterscapes condo... i knew that the price per sqft would be higher because of the better location but was kinda hoping for something nice/cheap with a view... the waterscapes package that i received from my broker confirmed what i actually suspected... (will update waterscapes thread with this info)...

SO i kinda felt good and finally went back to south beach sales center and bought myself a nice unit with southeast exposure (city/lake view) on a high floor (which means I'm getting all those finishes that you see at the sales center (hopefully) )...
apparently they are breaking grounds in a few months (early 2009) and occupancy date is scheduled for 2010 but you never know... i snapped a few pictures and will post them later today...
i think i made a good decision...

I'm betting that $700 billion bailout plan works out... :D

congrads borisp ... haha I wonder if I was in the building at the same time as you?

so that you are aware ... Menkes did own the lands to the south of South Beach condos and had intentions to build 2 or 3 towers there previously, which MAY affect your view ... if you are interested you may want to inquire with Etobicoke City Planning Department to inquire ~

Thanks for the heads-up Solaris... I am aware of the menkes' project and i believe it won't do much (if any) damage because of the way my unit is positioned... same goes for two properties between south beach and menkes... hopefully by the time menkes is done i might sell my unit and move a bit south :)... i used to hit myself for a long time for missing out on beyond the sea but than again my view would have been screwed with that third building the builder through in...
thanks for the pictures... i got something to day dream about while at work on this boring friday afternoon :) i only had enough batteries in my camera to take pictures of 1+den model suite... :)
about the finishes i'm so crazy about... :) i read the purchase agreement and it clearly states what i see is what i get (except for people who bought something in 'loft collection' i.e. below 10th floor)... but like you said you never know with builders what you might end up getting...

Thanks for the heads-up Solaris... I am aware of the menkes' project and i believe it won't do much (if any) damage because of the way my unit is positioned... same goes for two properties between south beach and menkes... hopefully by the time menkes is done i might sell my unit and move a bit south :)... i used to hit myself for a long time for missing out on beyond the sea but than again my view would have been screwed with that third building the builder through in...
thanks for the pictures... i got something to day dream about while at work on this boring friday afternoon :) i only had enough batteries in my camera to take pictures of 1+den model suite... :)
about the finishes i'm so crazy about... :) i read the purchase agreement and it clearly states what i see is what i get (except for people who bought something in 'loft collection' i.e. below 10th floor)... but like you said you never know with builders what you might end up getting...

Congrats on the purchase, the buildings look great IMO. I hope it's not rude to ask, but I was just wondering if the prices have been raised at all? My realtor sent me the following price list sometime in July:

Suite Type

Suite Size (sq.ft)

View

Special Broker Price
1 bedroom 454 + 60 Terrace South-West $186,900
1 bedroom 508 + 60 Terrace South-West $209,900
1 bedroom + den 590 + 60 Terrace South-West $244,900
1 bedroom + den 648 + 60 Terrace East $259,900
1 bedroom + den 659 + 55 Terrace North-West $254,400
2 bedroom 703 + 60 Terrace North-East $279,900
2 bedroom + den 784 + 55 Terrace North-West $299,900
2 bedroom + den 824 + 55 Terrace South-East $329,900
2 bedroom + den 854 + 55 Terrace South-East $349,900
2 bedroom + den 971 + 237 Terrace South-West $397,900
2 bedroom + den 1004 + 237 Terrace North-East $409,900
2 bedroom + den 1036 + 242 Terrace South $449,900
2 bedroom + den 1106 + 242 Terrace South-East $469,900
3 bedroom + den (floor 20-28) 1427 + 237 Terrace South-West $629,900

Price Includes :
. One Parking Space (for Limited Time)
. One Storage
. Stainless steel appliances
. 9 ft Ceilings
. GST

Do these look about right? I'm just trying to get an idea of how the condo market is doing these days...

Congrats on the purchase, the buildings look great IMO. I hope it's not rude to ask, but I was just wondering if the prices have been raised at all? My realtor sent me the following price list sometime in July:

Suite Type

Suite Size (sq.ft)

View

Special Broker Price
1 bedroom 454 + 60 Terrace South-West $186,900
1 bedroom 508 + 60 Terrace South-West $209,900
1 bedroom + den 590 + 60 Terrace South-West $244,900
1 bedroom + den 648 + 60 Terrace East $259,900
1 bedroom + den 659 + 55 Terrace North-West $254,400
2 bedroom 703 + 60 Terrace North-East $279,900
2 bedroom + den 784 + 55 Terrace North-West $299,900
2 bedroom + den 824 + 55 Terrace South-East $329,900
2 bedroom + den 854 + 55 Terrace South-East $349,900
2 bedroom + den 971 + 237 Terrace South-West $397,900
2 bedroom + den 1004 + 237 Terrace North-East $409,900
2 bedroom + den 1036 + 242 Terrace South $449,900
2 bedroom + den 1106 + 242 Terrace South-East $469,900
3 bedroom + den (floor 20-28) 1427 + 237 Terrace South-West $629,900

Price Includes :
. One Parking Space (for Limited Time)
. One Storage
. Stainless steel appliances
. 9 ft Ceilings
. GST

Do these look about right? I'm just trying to get an idea of how the condo market is doing these days...

Since vip event prices went up about $15,000 to $20,000 depending on a unit... But even with the price increase I still think the price per sqft is about average for that area... and for the standard features and finishes that they are offering it's a good deal imo...
oh yeah... parking and locker are still included in the price...

As promised here are the photos of 1bdrm+den model suite with cheaper finishes for units up to 10th floor. I don't have photos of 2 other model suites that show standard features/finishes from 11th floor and above. I'll get some more when I visit the site again. :)

Can someone help me out with these attachments? :)

Attachments

• DSCN1117.jpg
    DSCN1117.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCN1066.jpg
    DSCN1066.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN1065.jpg
    DSCN1065.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN1069.jpg
    DSCN1069.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCN1070.jpg
    DSCN1070.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN1075.jpg
    DSCN1075.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCN1077.jpg
    DSCN1077.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCN1084.jpg
    DSCN1084.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 358
  • DSCN1085.jpg
    DSCN1085.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN1087.jpg
    DSCN1087.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 365
thanks for the model suite photos borisp ... I think the sliding barn doors / pocket doors are a really clever use of space, a definite + of this project

w.r.t. glass shower enclosure, you may want to confirm what's shown is in fact standard, because I overheard someone in the sales office saying the shower door will in fact have a metal frame around it (which is much uglier IMO)

what do you need help with?? your photos turned out just dandy ~

Back