News   May 03, 2024
 955     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 586     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 279     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Topping Off Ceremony Tomorrow

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited: Behind the Scenes Tour of Downtown Toronto's Greenest Office Tower

Mon. November 24, 2008; Posted: 03:29 PM

TORONTO, ONTARIO, Nov 24, 2008 (Marketwire via COMTEX) -- CDF | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- Attention: Photo, Assignment, Business, Real Estate and Environmental Editors.

Media are invited to attend a behind the scenes tour of the $420-million RBC Centre, downtown Toronto's most environmentally friendly office tower. Rory MacLeod, Vice President and Divisional Portfolio Manager for The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Ltd. will lead the tour.

The 1.2-million-square-foot-tower will be completed in June 2009 and has been designed to meet LEED NC Gold Standards. In addition to achieving considerable environmental milestones, Mr. MacLeod will explain how, through new technology and design, the building will achieve significant reductions in operating costs that will benefit both tenants and the environment.

The tour offers journalists a unique glimpse inside one of Toronto's most state-of-the art office buildings and will conclude with a topping-off ceremony where PCL will hoist a 15,000-lb portion of the tower's four-storey lantern. Special guests include Peter Sharpe, President and CEO, The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Ltd., Gord Nixon, President and CEO, RBC Financial Group and Jose Placido, CEO, RBC Dexia Investor Services.

Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 Time: 10:00 a.m. - tour begins Location: Simcoe Place - 200 Front Street Suite 2207 Media will receive boots and hard hats and will then proceed to the construction site

Photo opportunity: Between 11:30 a.m. - 11:55 a.m. a portion of the building's lantern will be hoisted for the official topping off ceremony. The ceremony will take place at the southeast corner of Simcoe and Wellington.

RBC Centre is owned and operated by The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited, one of North America's largest investors, owners and managers of commercial real estate. For more than 50 years Cadillac Fairview has been leading the way in commercial real estate with innovative design, development and management. Cadillac Fairview and its affiliates currently own and manage 83 properties across North America.

Cadillac Fairview is wholly-owned by the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, which invests to secure the retirement income of 278,000 active and retired teachers in Ontario.

For more information, please visit us at www.cadillacfairview.com.

SOURCE: The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

There's quite a bit of the lantern up now, but it's still too early to really get a feel for how it's going to end up looking. I don't think it'll be visible at all from the west. I'm really curious to see how it looks from the CN Tower, but not so curious that I'm ready to pay the money to go up to the observation deck

^Make reservations at 360 for the height of the lunch or dinner rush. Go up in the exclusive elevator to the 360 lobby. Then duck through the milling crowd and down the staircase to the observation deck. Voila. A free outing at the tower. (Just kidding. I wouldn't advocate ripping off anybody)

^Make reservations at 360 for the height of the lunch or dinner rush. Go up in the exclusive elevator to the 360 lobby. Then duck through the milling crowd and down the staircase to the observation deck. Voila. A free outing at the tower. (Just kidding. I wouldn't advocate ripping off anybody)

Sounds like Infiltration

Mon Nov 21
It stands out at night now
3057311339_90b99f5299_b.jpg

The greenhouse Caltrane is referring to is called the lantern by the builders. Apparently it will be four storeys high. With the renderings having been so vague regarding the top of this building, we'll finally have some answers in the next short while as to what the top of this tower will actually look like.

The "lantern" taking shape: (Photos taken from Charles Street West; November 25)

Zoomed out.
rbclantern1gs2.jpg

Zoomed in.
rbclantern2jv9.jpg

Skybean posted this on SkyscraperCity, and I had to post it here becuase the coloring is SPECTACULAR!

3083371867_26a6795d17_b.jpg

Really?

I love the Bank of America building aka Simcoe Place.

Honestly, I'd trade RBC for a much larger version of that building. Or better put ... I'd like to see the extra height on Simcoe Place ... don't get rid of RBC :)

Although I admit the base of RBC is quite sexy.

Back